Couple Of New Bots From Lil' O' Me

Andyman

First guy is Zee. The wifey brought home a spent paper shredder from her work and it had all these neat little shredding gears in it. Great for Andybot feet. It's a nice break from the usual more labor intensive fabricated feet. CAlled "Zee" because he sports a Zenith vacuum tube for a head. Originally he's was gonna be called "G.E." but I accidentally broke that tube. Bummer...second time I've done that!

post-231-1204641643.jpg post-231-1204641658.jpg

post-231-1204641677.jpg

Here's a different look for an Andybot. Inspired by my frustration with the stupid light bulbs that go into my stove mounted microwave oven. It takes two bulbs that cost $3 each and they burn out after about a month. Normally the bulbs go an opaque silver grey when they go but these two stayed clear. That did it! You two slacker bulbs shall serve in the afterlife as Andybot eyes! When I finished up "Mechno", his style reminded me of a robot Ming the Merciless would send after Flash Gordon. Therefore I tagged him with the "Evil Robot Henchman" subtitle. Built around a Chai tea container, his head and shoulders pop off to reveal a space for a secret stash.

post-231-1204641745.jpgpost-231-1204641801.jpg

post-231-1204641817.jpg

I also have a pretty cool Super Saucer done that I will upload later. I don't have any of the pics here at work.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice additions, Andy. Your box art is great , also. That Zee rocket in the background looks awfully familiar! :rolleyes:

Nice additions, Andy. Your box art is great , also. That Zee rocket in the background looks awfully familiar! :rolleyes:

It's all about recycling, innit? ;)

Andy,,,,I,m glad to see your imagination is not slacking,,,,,,,The box art seems to have stepped up a gear ,very nice :) Also I like the use of the rivet effect you seem to be using a lot lately...........All brilliant as usual.......

Nice job Andy !!!!! Put L.E.D's in that Microwave !! Hey wait a minute ,,,,,,,,,,,that rocket looks familiar behind that robot..........Hmmm B) ??? Has ZEE been in my shop ??

Nice job Andy !!!!! Put L.E.D's in that Microwave !! Hey wait a minute ,,,,,,,,,,,that rocket looks familiar behind that robot..........Hmmm B) ??? Has ZEE been in my shop ??

I dunno...have you seen your rocket lately? ;)

Andy,,,,I,m glad to see your imagination is not slacking,,,,,,,The box art seems to have stepped up a gear ,very nice :) Also I like the use of the rivet effect you seem to be using a lot lately...........All brilliant as usual.......

Thanks, Sparks. Ever since I saw Mr. Shibahara's Artbots I've been into pounding the rivets. It just adds so much. I don't know why it never occured to me before that. Of course, not all pieces call for it but when I can I'm a rivet maniac!

Andy,

Love your stuff! It's great to do both the robot and the box art. You've inspired me to create box art for some of my "guys".

Keep it up!

Jim (designprof)

p.s. I hope we're not fighting for the same stuff at the recycle center... ;)

Mechno kinda looks like the inquisitor in Empire Strikes Back. I agree with John, your box art is totally awesome, two collectables in one.

Going thru my crawl space one day I found an old cheap brass kerosene lantern my wife and I bought when we were first married. I thought I would set it up because it looked kinda steampunkish but the base had serious cracks in it so it wouldn't hold fuel. So I took it apart. At the same time I came upon a couple of stove drip pans left over from my early saucer projects. The top of the lantern fit perfectly into the opening of the two drop pans. Throw in a stainless steel lamp flange, a brass ciling fan base, a plastic dome, a robot driver and a few other what-nots and voila! Super Saucer!

post-231-1204722181.jpg

post-231-1204722212.jpg

post-231-1204722389.jpg

Awesome Saucer & robot!!!!! You have an eye for the whimsical!

Hey Andy, I had this idea for some time of two smaller robots doing brain surgery on a bigger robot's head where it was opened up and he wast staring forward. His electro-mechanical brain kind of pulsed with light. Got the inspiration from an old scifi magazine cover. I know, it sounds a bit morbid--but cool. Have you ever thought of making dioramas such as this? I see by your other robots, you kinda do this already. Kind of reflecting the human condition. B)

Archived