Chief Piston Head Robot Conversion

robothut

Here is Chief Piston Head Robot. A junker "rest bucket" Piston Head Robot donated his head and arms "only the plastic parts were useable" for the project. I made the piston head self contained by useing a small gear motor inside the piston head to operate the pistons. This way I could connect the piston head to the base of the Chied head assembly so that the robot can still move the head left and right. I wired the light in the piston head to the origonal swith so that it flashed on and off when the head is moveing. I also repaired the squak box so it sounds loud and on cue. Next I cut out the chest opening so a set of lit motorised gears could be seen. There is a clear plastic window mounted in the new opening. The body is painted in a Metalic Black paint and the details are all a silver/aluminum color.

You can see the project on my web site also.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/ChiefPistonHeadPage.html

or you can watch a short video of the robot operating at this link.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/chiefPistonHead1.wmv

post-7-1202084459.jpg

Guest kenalexruss

Very interesting.

Yet I cannot help but regret the loss of a Horikawa Piston head robot for this task... Afterall, they did stop making those great robots over 30 years ago... :(

Very interesting.

Yet I cannot help but regret the loss of a Horikawa Piston head robot for this task... Afterall, they did stop making those great robots over 30 years ago... :(

I cannot help but I have had the same thought.

Yes it has warmed up to 22 degrees! and the state was declared a disaster zone do to all the snow, next will come all the flooding when all the record snow melts.

The Piston head robot was a rust bucket junker, there was no loss here only a second chance at life. :rolleyes:

The Piston head robot was a rust bucket junker, there was no loss here only a second chance at life. :rolleyes:

John I know that you´re a robot expert and you´ll never use a Piston robot in good condition for your alterations. :blush:

Nethertheless I get a pain in my stomache by seeing the Piston´s head onto the wrong body. :blink:

FANTASTIC! AWESOME!!! Everything I've come to expect in a John Rigg custom robot! Well done John!!! ;) Just beautiful!! Especially the chest panel and gears!!! You rock! B)

Archived