Wind-up Twiki

Tinman

It's hard to believe this guy is considered "vintage", it only seemed like yesterday...

Anyway, I added this to the collection tonight on sort of an impulse buy. The boxed ones seem to go for big bucks these days so I thought a loose one would do. Like the robots I purchased a few weeks ago, this one looks like it's in great shape and only needs a good cleaning.

post-329-1201488503.jpg

post-329-1201488512.jpg

post-329-1201488525.jpg

post-329-1201488532.jpg

post-329-1201488540.jpg

Ha! - I have the same guy in my collection!

Twiki looks huge in your photos! - He is only a mere 7" tall.

I bought him years ago at a small flea market for about $5.

Besides having great memories of Twiki growing up as a child...I really like the fact that he is a wind-up robot.

Not only does he walk...His head turns back-and-forth with each step. I was very surprised. I had to snatch him up and buy him!

I've never regretted it. He fits in and displays great next to my other robots in my "Plastics" Collection. - Love him!

Sweet! I can't exactly remember what the boxed ones are bringing these days but I'm thinking it's well over $100. Especially in as good a condition as yours.

Hello:

If I remember right I paid about

$50 localy for my mint in fair box a few years ago.

I like the robot on robot theme .

I alway hear Mel Blank's voice when I see Twiki.

BEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEE !

Mr. Jan

BEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEE BEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEE BEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEE

Twiki, the diminutive Robot & his computer friend Dr Huer. The mid sized articulated one on this picture (6cm ~= 2 ") was the harder one to get for me !

As for the tiny one, I can't remember how he materialised here ! Must have been Scotty !!! Oooops ! Wrong serial !!!

post-75-1201643492.jpg

Cool. I also have the action figure version...on a minty card. ;) I've never seen the tiny one...maybe from some kind of play set?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...
  • 1 month later...