Zeroids: How Do I Open This Zeroid?

Tinman

I picked up this Zeroid as part of a set on ebay a few days ago and must say, it cleaned up beautifully. It looks like it was never played with. Anyway, how do I get at the battery compartment? It looks like it wants to come apart at the "hip" but I don't want to subject it to excessive stress. Any suggestions? The light mechanism does work and starts flashing after being on a few seconds.

This is auction pic before cleaning:

post-329-1200539013.jpg

Thanks for the info guys, I got it open after struggeling with it for a while. What a poor design! Anyway, here are the batteries that were inside. They look old but then again I'm not the expert. Any guess as to their age? They're labeled, "Sav-On Drug Stores Long Life Battery" made in Japan.

post-329-1200628694.jpg

How do you open a Zeroid? Well first you buy it a few drinks...;)

Seriously Tinman, those batteries only operate the light don't they? I thought that that particular late model Zeroid didn't have a motor in it.

Yeah Andy, they only operate the light bulb in it's chest, no motor in this guy. Does anyone know if this version came with accessories?

Tinman, while still labeled a Zeroid, these bots were part of the Star Team.

Ideal released them in the late 70's as a Star Wars knock off. The one you

have was "R2D2" and his "C3PO" partner was called Zem-21. There was also

a black caped "Darth Vader" villain called, "The Knight of Darkness". The only

accessory that I can recall was the Star Hawk, saucer...

post-6-1200676730.jpg

post-6-1200676737.jpg

post-6-1200676748.jpg

post-6-1200676755.jpg

Thanks for the info RN, I never realized how much of a SW ripoff it was until I took a closer look at that box! I'm not sure if it's just me but every time I see that ship it reminds me of this fellow:

And what of Lazerus?

post-329-1200705140.gif

• Brian.. changed the title to Zeroids: How Do I Open This Zeroid?

Archived