Custom Built Spacetoy /aircraft Shop

Sparkrobot

Ozzie put me onto this seller a while back when I asked him where he bought a set of unusual robots,,I personaly havn't had the spare cash to buy any of his stuff yet,,but I thought it worth sharing because he's got some great space models and a few robots plus a lot of aircraft [Eagle?] Anyway see what you think.Here's the link.

http://stores.ebay.com/BUILDERSCIENCE

Here's a couple of examples ,but he's got hundreds of different items for sale,,I think each item is hand made but I might be wrong,I will have to study his shop a bit more myself..

post-540-1199922429.jpg

post-540-1199922496.jpg

Spark, I've noticed the spacecraft for some time. I see they've now expanded the line considerably and included robots. I've never bought anything. Is the money sent to Texas? ;)

I've purchased items from this seller before and I have to tell you that his stuff is just beautiful. At least the peices I bought. I got a full-size wooden replica Forbidden Planet "simple blaster" pistol and a mini C-57D Cruiser. Both are really nice models. And just now I happily purchased this mini 12" Blaster Rifle.

I also had mixed emotions about child labor making these items for about .25 cents a day, until my wife made me realize that this might be the only available employment to some of these talented artists and in my wanting to be politically correct, I need to be careful not to end up putting out of work the very same people I want to support. So I went ahead and bought the rifle.

post-36-1199928792.jpg

That was an excellent answer robothunter gave,,it certainly cleared any negative thoughts from my concience,let's face it I dont know about the U.S but in England about 60 percent of goods we buy seem to be made in China or Thailand or India,we are allways getting reports of so called child labour ,but usually when it's looked into it's the same situation robothunter explained.......So as far as I'm concerned the only reason I havn't bought anything from this seller yet is all my spare cash has gone to other robot sellers :huh: ;)So Eagle it looks a nice model,,it's over to you.

I did purchase a robot (target earth robot) and a plane from them just before new year and should be receiving them in the coming days. I ll keep you posted on what i think of the quality and will try to post pictures

I always like watching the ' War of the Worlds' films and listening to the soundtracks, and that Martian war ship looks pretty good. H,mmmm :unsure:

I just emailed the guy to see if they have ever done Robby the RObot as a wood model. If not I asked if they would be willing to do so.

I just emailed the guy to see if they have ever done Robby the RObot as a wood model. If not I asked if they would be willing to do so.

That's a great idea, John! Because of there's anything in this world you and I need another one of, it's a Robby the Robot! LOL!!! Now having said that, I sure hope he says yes!

Only let it be a sensible price. I'm still twisted over that 24" tall Mechanized Robot made out of resin costing almost $2,800.00!! I really want that bad boy but can't afford it right now. Anybody know what blood is going for now on the open market? Maybe I could sell a few pints (quarts) to come up with the cash! LOL! :(

That's a great idea, John! Because of there's anything in this world you and I need another one of, it's a Robby the Robot! LOL!!! Now having said that, I sure hope he says yes!

Only let it be a sensible price. I'm still twisted over that 24" tall Mechanized Robot made out of resin costing almost $2,800.00!! I really want that bad boy but can't afford it right now. Anybody know what blood is going for now on the open market? Maybe I could sell a few pints (quarts) to come up with the cash! LOL! :(

I hope you have luck with the Robby,,,,,,The reason I'm back on this thread is I had a little bit of ebay money come in so I thought I would buy a couple of robots from this seller,especially the Target Earth robot,I kept his shop in my favourite sellers on ebay ready for the time when I was going to buy something,well I will check again later but I looked through all the bits he's got for sale at the moment and I couldn't find one robot for sale! :( ...I hope he's not just concentrating on selling his aeroplanes,and the reason was he just sold out and he will make some more later...

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here are pictures of the target earth robot I purchased from them and I must admit that it is far better (bigger) than what I expected. I m also throwing some other pictures of my most recent aquisitions

post-111-1201874646.jpg

post-111-1201874716.jpg

post-111-1201874764.jpg

post-111-1201874814.jpg

post-111-1201874928.jpg

post-111-1201874993.jpg

Spirou,,,The Target Earth robot does look impressive,,as soon as I get some spare cash I will buy a couple of his robot models...

Nice looking collection,your tastes are very similar to mine,,I especially like the SEE-THRU,,,,a great robot I dont have yet...

Looking good Spirou - good to hear from you.

Love the Paya!!

The Target Earth robot has a great "cowboy" looking stance - looks like he's ready to draw his six shooter. :P

Archived