Tank

Andyman

Tank, 9 1/2" with rotating head turret, arms, wrists and removable shells. Originally developed by a covert company during World War 1, Tank was sure to turn the tide of the war. Unfortunately, artificial intelligence was a brand new science and it did not match the craftsmanship that went into the automaton. Tank pretty much shot at anything that moved...including his own creators! It's not clear what became of Tank. Some say he was deactivated, boxed up and buried deep in the rubble of the destroyed building. Others say that after Tank ran out of ammo he merely kept walking making a "click, click" sound into the sunset. Recent excavations at the original site have turned up empty.

post-231-1199753119.jpg

post-231-1199753155.jpg

post-231-1199753164.jpg

post-231-1199753176.jpg

OOOOOHHH AAAAAAHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHH !!!!! NICE !!!!!! GUNGUNGUN ! Hey that ammo looks interchangeable with the Saucerbot 15 !!! :rolleyes:

post-545-1199755228.jpg

Nice! I've been playing with some parts and had to go out and buy a pop-rivet tool and some other stuff to get started with my project I'm finding it's not as easy as it looks...not that it looks easy. Lots of planning and engineering involved. I'm going to hit a flea market or two this weekend with the hopes of finding a few parts I can use.

Beautiful work, as usual, Andy. I LOVE the attention to detail on this one... the legs, the extra shells... All in all, another wonderful creation!

Nice! I've been playing with some parts and had to go out and buy a pop-rivet tool and some other stuff to get started with my project I'm finding it's not as easy as it looks...not that it looks easy. Lots of planning and engineering involved. I'm going to hit a flea market or two this weekend with the hopes of finding a few parts I can use.

Planning? Engineering? I'll have to look those words up. ;)

Well maybe planning and engineering were a poor choice of words. Planning to me means looking at parts and determining if they look good together and engineering means putting those parts together and making sure they can support they're own weight. I guess in reality it's mostly trial and error. :huh:

Seriously I kid, Tinman. I have many ideas floating around inside my head just waiting for the right parts to liberate them. The idea for Tank came to me about two years ago. That phono jack that I used for the barrel has probably been used and rejected for 20 different projects over the last five years.

The creative mind works in mysterious ways. ;)

Not to worry Andy, I understand you kid. My first project is taking shape around a fairly large (6 inch +/-) fuel filter purchased at Wal-Mart. I'm still searching for some key pieces but hope to find a few this weekend while tooling around a few flea markets.

• 8 years later...

Archived