A New Project And A New Tool

Eagle

I started a new project tonight and built the tool today to start the project. The tool is called a shaping stump. http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread....=stump+building I made it from an Oak log that has been down for 2 yrs. I took about an hour to make the stump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but wow does it work great. I fashioned two six inch concave pieces for the new space project in about 5 minutes. 5 More minutes on the English wheel and all done. The possibilities are unlimited for shaping robot and rocket parts. 😄 I might bring some Tools like this with me to Botstock so you guys can try it for yourself. I'm going to have to rent an 18 wheeler for this Botstock. :unsure: This is the avenue to building the big stuff !!

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

post-545-1199663874.jpg

post-545-1199663894.jpg

Yes Spark this is the technique used for Armor. I'm using it to make a big bot. Not yet though. I'm building a smaller bot to get used to the tools. Also I need raw material. Still !!! :P

Archived