My First Ray Gun Dudes

Eagle

Damn Phil,,,,,,I think you have gained Super Powers !!!!!!!!! I like your new look on life !! Now your problem solving the American Way !!!!!! 😄 Next thing your going to get a craving for a Jeep ! Thats a real good thing. Now in regards to the mutiny,,,

{My crew threatened to mutiny and throw me out the air lock!! } That means Phil was painting in the house again and Connie kicked him out into the garage. 😉

Oh BTW I like the way you conformed to OSHA standards by ALWAYS wearing safety glasses during a class 3 ray gun confrontation . :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Morbius

• Phil R

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eagle, I Love it!! As a guy whom likes directed energy weapons, I'd lose the harpoon tip. Do you plan any lighting? A couple 18,000 mcd LEDs in the tip perhaps? Or some circular flashing lights on the sides where those red discs are?? :P

Guest kenalexruss

That's a cool gun. I agree that the harpoon tip must go. In fact, maybe those cooling tubes/energy couplings should be left out too... Makes it more of a retro piece (in my opinion...). It definitely has to have lights, to make it a true working piece. Maybe some of those mini plasma screens for the sides and surely some lights in the rings.

Finally, as I am sure you will make this guy in steel and that it will weigh in at a mere 10 lbs... and maybe this version needs to employ your plastic casting abilities and create a limited run of say 10 to 20 working models, cast from the proto original, which, well, might be made available to a few of us raygun fans at a reasonable price! ;)

Just a thought :P

Wow that would be an expensive gun to cast in resin ! My plastic casting abilities are dismal anyhow. :blush: Reasonable price KEN !!! Do you even know what that term means ! :P Crack me up.

Hola Eagle:

I like the gun as is.

Keep all the gobly gook including the harpoon tip.

You never know when you will be stranded on the Whale Planet.

Do add lights and sound !

Good color so the bad guys ( or the good guys ) know you mean business when it is in you hand .

Only critic I have is that the grip needs to be able to be grasped

when you have your space gloves on, so a bit larger would be more in scale with the rest of it.

I hope it comes to fruition and I can afford one.

I can see this toy being mass produce in China which would make it affordable for me.

Have Fune with it !

Mr. Jan

• 12 years later...

Sorry,,trying to edit the first post to bring back the photo's. There is no edit option available that I can find..You have to click on quote,,and then it ends up at the end of the post..