Cleaning: How To Best Clean Tin Litho?

spirou

Hi Alphadromers. I received today the Robby space patrol "bus" i talked about in a previous topic. He is a little bit dirty from ages in attic I guess. I d like to clean him up and would like to have your advice on best product/ways to clean tin litho

Thanks beforehand for your feedbaclks

Hey Spirou

I use both Novus 1 fine scratch remover and Novus Plastic cleaner. Both work well on litho. Just be careful with the Novus 1, as it is a mild abrasive. The plastic cleaner buffs out to a nice shine.

Windex. Fantastic works well too. I'm not kidding. No, really. I'm serious. Gets off the surface grease and light rust and as long as you wipe it right off with a soft cloth there's no harm done. You wouldn't beleive the things I've cleaned like this. Then a light coating of Hopp's #9 Gun Oil.

Go on. I dare you.......... ;)

YES INDEED! PAT is right. I also use a WINDOW or GLASS cleaner ( here VISS ), when a toy is very dirty from the ages. GLASS cleaner is very good to clean the toy when it is fatty - greasy and brings out and very clear and shiny litho again. BALLISTOL is normaly for cleaning weapons - it is a bit oily and good for cleaning and protecting the old lithoes. For all plastic parts I use only ARMOR ALL - to get no chemical reaction with the toys. Those 3 I would recommend - don't use any cleaner containing abrasing particels.

But be CAREFULL! Some toys or lithoes are really sensitive again all cleaning methods. I remember that my first Atomic Robot Man - loose some paint, while I was trying to clean him! So please be carefull and try to make a little attempt on a little part - or the inside - first. :)

post-11-1198792381.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Cleaning: How To Best Clean Tin Litho?

Archived