The English Wheel

Eagle

Andy,,,,,your dyslexia is hitting hard today. :D Medicate buddy.

I'll keep you guys up to date on how this works out. Wray Schelin is offering 3 day metal shaping classes at his shop for a grand. I'd rather spend the money on Airline tickets and spend the day with Mr Rigg ! :P For one thing, a Robohut day is 72 hrs. ;) Ok ,now I have to find that book on Ebay. What was it called? Oh yeah,,,,,,,,, [How to turn freezer lids into robots] ! :blush: Ken !!!!! did you ever get my email regarding a top and side view of Diamond planet ?

Mark,

Yes I received it and replied that I didn't, Henk and I hadn't gotten that far. You can find several pictures on Alphadrome and the net that could be used, and with the dimensions you have already it is a very easy task of scaling the rest of it.

Mark,,,,,,,,,This is the only English wheel I know,,[the London Eye],,,, :D Sorry I just had to get involved in this thread. :blush: :lol:

here's a nice shot of the Diamond Planet as well for your project.

post-540-1197151696.jpg

post-540-1197151824.jpg

post-540-1197151920.jpg

OK, Mark, I haven't talked to you in several days. Have you had sufficient training time on the wheel to make a full size Diamond Planet? Is your wife buying you a six pack of various flat steel sheets for Christmas? :P

post-221-1197156040.jpg

Hey Phil.............I have been building the rocket I showed you last week. I turned the hull of the ship on the lathe yesterday It's 2 ft long. Used the wheel to shape the lower fins. Still short on raw material. I'm going to have to start buying the good stuff. Thanks to gramps,the diamond planet [sorry Phil] is going to be a nice project. Of course it's not going to be original size. You know better. ;) Talk to ya soon.

Archived