The New Project

Eagle

Sorry to hear that.....Still think another place may offer a better opportunity 

because Vintage Toy Robots are still hot on ebay....people like them.:cheers:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Phil R

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean offer him on Ebay ? Sold a lot of items there over the last 20 yrs..Nothing this odd. Besides I only know of one cool toy store. It's in Maryland...Come to think of it,,it may be the only thing Perry doesn't have..................

I'll elaborate...I live in Austin, Tx....(at the moment, but I'm moving soon)

and local businesses like to have personal advertisements. EX: I seen Giant Terminix Bug, Light Bulb shop, Genie car Wash,  they use hand crafted fiberglass or foam props.

Kind of old school advertisement..It becomes local legend if it remains posted long enough and not taken down. 

and that Martian would be unique in drawing attention to any such  Toy business shop....But I guess it depends where you live.

I just hate to see such wonderful work packed away where people can't enjoy it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice diorama, the Martian's war machine has a great Victorian age mechanical look to it! For a sense of scale what are we looking at dimension wise?

I'm not try to hijack the post but I'm involved anyway.  I meant to have the diorama period correct to the time the story was written, mid 1890s.  The diorama come apart in two pieces, the pit and the battlefield. Total length about 30"  Cotton simulates the green smoke in pit and also the smoke on the battlefield. The ray from the tripod is wood.  Jim Knower from Kentucky crafted the Tripod from drawings.

12 hours ago, Phil R said:

I'm not try to hijack the post but I'm involved anyway.  I meant to have the diorama period correct to the time the story was written, mid 1890s.  The diorama come apart in two pieces, the pit and the battlefield. Total length about 30"  Cotton simulates the green smoke in pit and also the smoke on the battlefield. The ray from the tripod is wood.  Jim Knower from Kentucky crafted the Tripod from drawings.

Great result, thanks for the details and the background behind the build.

• 8 months later...