The New Project

Eagle

Today, I started a new project. It's going to be big. Here is the rough sketch. It's not what you think,,,,,,,,,,,but toy memories will like it. :rolleyes: I'll weld it together and Phil is in charge of the paint and wild graphics. You guys should guess this one pretty quick. B) The portion in the photo is only 1/5 of the entire size of the object.

post-545-1195583951.jpgIMG_1863.JPG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Phil R

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not quite Andy. I'll tell you this. I'll bet all of you already own one,,,,,,,,,,,not an original. But much smaller than this one. The paint job is going to require an artist. Not me!

Wow, Mark. This project really looks out of this world! I hope you don't wind up having to tear apart another freezer to finish it. When it's done, I'm sure most of us will be red...er, I mean, green with envy. O.K. no more clues. I'll just walk away now and leave the other members wondering what you two have cooked up.

I do appreciate the offer, but my sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever symptoms are still with me. I wouldn't want to pass along anything to you guys. These germs can sometimes have a devastating effect on other life forms...know what I mean?!? ;) I'll wait and see it when it's done. Knowing you, the creature of habit that you are, you'll have it finished before Teonia has the turkey in the oven! Just remember: your basement workshop is your domain, the kitchen is her's. Don't go invading her space, and everything will be fine! Gotta go now and throw back another bottle of NyQuil.

Well Eagle the winter is coming and the cold as you know.

You are a great friend of the poor hungry birds.

So I say that it is a house for the birdseed. :rolleyes:

post-544-1195596027.jpg

Morbius you crack me up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep , I need more sacrificial items. Come on you guys ,,,,,,,,,,,you know what this is ! It's not a saucer , not a robot, it reminds me of Red Lobster !!!!!!!!! :blush: Blech............... I laughed so hard !!!!!!!!!!! That was pure humor buddy !!!! :P

Ok, this will give you an idea of the size of this Martian. Today Phil and I worked on this. He drew the sheetmetal patterns [freehand ] while I formed and welded together the sub-frame. I'll apply the bondo tomorrow while we figure out the base .

post-545-1195683348.jpg

post-545-1195683476.jpgIMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

Ok, this will give you an idea of the size of this Martian. Today Phil and I worked on this. He drew the sheetmetal patterns [freehand ] while I formed and welded together the sub-frame. I'll apply the bondo tomorrow while we figure out the base .

What a waste of good metal! That is the ugliest piece of junk I have ever seen. (not your work, the original)

What a waste of good metal! That is the ugliest piece of junk I have ever seen. (not your work, the original)

I'd have to agree with you Gramps, :P :P But, as I looked at it one day thinking the same thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,what if it was BIG . It is an ugly thing ,but I like it. We'll so how it goes. If it doesn't work out,we can always make it a bird feeder. :closedeyes:

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Something Mark didn't mention. it was a lot of work, mostly for him. When we had almost completed the assembly, he asked me what I though. At that second his dog, Meg, pushed the Staples button he had, which says, "That was easy". Hilarious! :lol: