The New Project

Eagle

Yeh, it's GOTTA HAVE A BOX!!! O

Storing full-size alien boxes could be a problem, it this going to be a 'limited production'????

ps: I'd love to see a 7 foot tall Mechanized Robot box. Oh, and ANDYMAN: I meant you too in that artistic circle (of course)!!!

You guys are right,,,,,,,it does need a box! Andy, will your printer handle 30x45 ? Morbius,,,, thanks buddy for the compliments. They are true for Phil,,,but your really pushing it with my abilities . I can't wait to see you guys next year. Last year I didn't know anyone . Your brother-in- law sounds like someone I'd like to swap stories with. I have been kind of out of the adventure loop for a year. The day after Thanksgiving last year I fell , broke by foot and dislocated an ankle. It was only Ike and I ,,,,,so I had to reset it myself. That hurt worse than the initial injury. It has taken a year to heal. So in celebration ,,,the day after Thanksgiving last week, we climbed Pole Steeple. You can google that. Feels good to be mobile again. ;)

post-545-1196352954.jpg

post-545-1196352960.jpg

post-545-1196352967.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Phil R

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are right,,,,,,,it does need a box! Andy, will your printer handle 30x45 ? Morbius,,,, thanks buddy for the compliments. They are true for Phil,,,but your really pushing it with my abilities . I can't wait to see you guys next year. Last year I didn't know anyone . Your brother-in- law sounds like someone I'd like to swap stories with. I have been kind of out of the adventure loop for a year. The day after Thanksgiving last year I fell , broke by foot and dislocated an ankle. It was only Ike and I ,,,,,so I had to reset it myself. That hurt worse than the initial injury. It has taken a year to heal. So in celebration ,,,the day after Thanksgiving last week, we climbed Pole Steeple. You can google that. Feels good to be mobile again. ;)

You can't take time off climbing steeple poles or whatever!!Get back to your work and Painting that Martian! :angry: Only joking Eagle,,it was nice to see that stunning scenery :D

Surprising pics! It seems that you are living behind the next mountains.. or is it me, who...? :blink: No matter! :)

In the middle of the photo you can see the castle of Reifenberg with the two towers. On the right the village of

Oberreifenberg, on the left is Niederreifenberg. I shot the photo three weeks ago.

post-544-1196366763.jpg

BTW a box is a good idea. Perhaps it is something for the Guiness Book of Records as the biggest tin toy ever made ;)

Surprising pics! It seems that you are living behind the next mountains.. or is it me, who...? :blink: No matter! :)

In the middle of the photo you can see the castle of Reifenberg with the two towers. On the right the village of

Oberreifenberg, on the left is Niederreifenberg. I shot the photo three weeks ago.

BTW a box is a good idea. Perhaps it is something for the Guiness Book of Records as the biggest tin toy ever made ;)

I think the magnificent John Rigg would already have that wrapped up...he's built many variations of 'full size' tin toys last of which (as far as we know) was TOBOR.

I'm not hunting this year,but still have to get into the woods once or twice a week. Rejuvenates the spirit. My wife does the same thing by going to Church,,,,,,,I always feel closer to the big guy when viewing his best creations. ;) Know what I mean? So my two favorite places,are the mountains and Hooters ! :D

Blech,,,,those photos bring back memories of Volksmarches in Germany on Sunday afternoons. There was a Gästehaus halfway between Bitburg and Spangdahlem. It sat alone beside a beautiful stream. There were huge water tanks in the Gästehaus full of Trout. You would pick the one you wanted and they would cook it right at the table ! I did many castle tours on the Rhine. But my favorite was Neuschwanstein ! Old Ludwig had some odd taste for interior decorating! :blink: Alright Spark,,,,back to work sanding the legs. Saturday is paint day. Just to prepare you guys,,,,we have decided to paint it like a real Martian monster. So it's going to be green and even uglier than gramps said it was. :D Put a tap on the back of it and make it a BS V Beer dispenser ! ;)

Morbius,,,,,,,,,,,,,John would have been done while I was still drawing the plans. And it would have been a hell of a lot nicer. :blush: Not even in the same league . His work just inspires me to try harder ,although I know it is futile. :closedeyes:

Mark -

If it's not sold by then, how 'bout bringing this Martian to BotStock V with you?

...only if he has an exact repro box with INSERTS!!! :blink:

Come on Morbius , You"ll have to do better than that ! :P I have the box and the lid. Some big old Land Rover parts came through tonight. Just need the inserts. :rolleyes:

post-545-1196407130.jpg

You got it.....................and I'm selling it for 4 times the original cost !!!!!! That would make it about........... 20 bucks :blush:

$20., factor in the sliding scale, appreciation, price index, gold index, heavy metal cleanup, etc. That would make it about $10,000. $20,000. ;)

$20., factor in the sliding scale, appreciation, price index, gold index, heavy metal cleanup, etc. That would make it about $10,000. $20,000. ;)

REPOSSESSED!

Alright you knuckleheads ............. The thing is standing on all six. Just need to install the faceplate after the artist shows up tomorrow and turns it from a BBQ to a attacking bad A$$ Martian ! ;) The two drive legs took awhile. Lots of sanding and marglass. We should have it done by Sunday. I'll start on the box tonight.

post-545-1196453444.jpg

post-545-1196453458.jpg