The New Project

Eagle

That's gonna require one heck of a clockwork mechanism!

Or, were you thinking of making this one battery operated? Fuel cell operated? Solar?

Wait...I've got it! Hamster powered!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Phil R

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eagle,,Are you thinking of making it walk?,,,How does the small toy one move,,does it use a sort of vibrating mech to move ?[like Andys DS entry]..If you do decide to make it mobile I'm sure you could come up with some sort of vibrating motor,should be noisy and fun anyway,,give it a slick paint job and you will have cracked it again.....Great stuff!!! :D

Amazing! Another great idea from the brainstorm workshop of Eagle. I´m curious to see the finished Martian.

Eagle I have a silly idea in my mind :blink: . What if you make a 8 or 10 feet tall Martian.

Can you imagine the goofy faces of your neighbours when this thing walks down the street? ;)

Blech and Spark , we discussed the size. Considering that most of the graphics are on top of this creature. It has to be less then Eye level. :) Will he walk? Lets see ..............

Everything is welded up, neck and leg plate attached. I have to glass it today [if the weather gets warm enough]. 128 inches of 1/2" tubing for the four drive legs and 72" for the pin drives. This one is not operational. After experimenting with the toy,,,,,,,,,,the pin drive is so bad that I can't get the thing to walk. Except backwards. <_< I think it should be done in a week or so. Painting is going to take time.

post-545-1196000774.jpg

Everything is welded up, neck and leg plate attached. I have to glass it today [if the weather gets warm enough]. 128 inches of 1/2" tubing for the four drive legs and 72" for the pin drives. This one is not operational. After experimenting with the toy,,,,,,,,,,the pin drive is so bad that I can't get the thing to walk. Except backwards. <_< I think it should be done in a week or so. Painting is going to take time.

If you cut it in half, it would make a great BBQ for tail gating :rolleyes:

the pin drive is so bad that I can't get the thing to walk. Except backwards.

Turn the head to the back so he can walk forward :lol:

It looks good so far. I think the Martian is one of the most amazing tin toys ever made.

Oups :blink: ... now it is said :P ...but I really like this toy ;) .

Thanks Blech, We will see how it turns out. At the very worst , I can sell it to Red Lobster ! :blush: Turn the head around,,,,,,,,thats GREAT :D :P

Mark, I had often wondered: What if my brother-in-law with his house building/mine rescue/helicopter rescue/mechanic of anything on the planet/master of every skill known to mankind (he's back at Syncrude now) and all 'round rebel rouser had any model building ability.....he'd be you! Actually last week he single-handedly rescued a diving boat load of folks 300 miles offshore in some far off tropical place when the captain hit a reef, got 'em all onto the Coast Guard ship as the diving boat went to the depths. Sheesh!! You guys are too much. Amazing work as always, Phil and yourself are extremely talented artists and craftsmen as are many others on the board. :P

Phil, the box restoration work you did for me is truly astounding I (we) love the result.

Mark, are you at least going to let your wife choose the shade of fusia which would best suit your alien????? ;)

Excuse me now while I shove some government papers around.... <_<

Yeh, it's GOTTA HAVE A BOX!!! Of course it ain't complete without it. Who's getting a new fridge around your neighbourhood.... ;) And DON'T FORGET the spelling issues when detailing it, maybe something similar to the one Fineas pointed out some time ago that knocked me out of my chair. :lol: ;) Especially authentic 'Space Noise'.

Storing full-size alien boxes could be a problem, it this going to be a 'limited production'????

ps: I'd love to see a 7 foot tall Mechanized Robot box. Oh, and ANDYMAN: I meant you too in that artistic circle (of course)!!!