My Ray Guns

Fineas J. Whoopie

FJW - I'm too embarrassed to post any photos of my rayguns. Maybe one day...

If you think your display is less than stellar...Then just wait til you see my shameful display. - I have none! LOL

They are all crammed and piled up in a steamer trunk. It's almost disrespectful to show them in that fashion.

I would love to have them specially arranged like you and Dr. A someday. But I just don't have any room around here. Maybe I'll post a lil pict to make you feel better about your presentation! :-)

I just had to look at the photos of your fantastic collection again today. It makes me smile.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don, Dr. A., you two are forces to be reconed with, simply amazing collections of something I've overlooked through the years and took them for granted whenever I'd passed by one. Had many when I was very young but they were I guess inexpensive and easily replaced by a newer model quite frequently. These collections are the measure of all other gatherings. Beautiful and always a pleasure to see more photos of.

Thanks guys!

@ @

===

FJW - I'm too embarrassed to post any photos of my rayguns. Maybe one day...

If you think your display is less than stellar...Then just wait til you see my shameful display. - I have none! LOL

They are all crammed and piled up in a steamer trunk. It's almost disrespectful to show them in that fashion.

I would love to have them specially arranged like you and Dr. A someday. But I just don't have any room around here. Maybe I'll post a lil pict to make you feel better about your presentation! :-)

I just had to look at the photos of your fantastic collection again today. It makes me smile.

Aw, gee garsh... :blush:

You know toyboy, I just BET that your collection is really something to see and you are just being modest. ;)

I'm glad you like 'em Morbius. :)

Great looking group of guns there, Don. What's that odd variation on the gold X-Ray Gun on the bottom shelf? Has small discs on the front instead of the arrow-like tip. Tell us more? I think I know but which is your favorite?

Dux - I'm glad you don't find my ray guns disco - I see them more as rock-n-roll!! :D

Jimmiesparks - That is a variation that I've never seen except the one I bought. I really like the graduated ring look much better than the standard tip. I actually bought a set of them on ebay, I sold one and kept the box. The box has a pasted label, the logo is an NK in a diamond "made in China". My theory is that the box at least is either a DIY or from a very small company who went with very low tech packaging. It's very nicely executed but could have been done with the most basic of tools and materials. The gun I do not think is a DYI, mainly because the tip looks to have been made that way in the first place with no sign of any standard tip that might have been removed. Interesting is that the picture on the label shows the standard tip while the illustration shows the ringed version. The inserted page is kind of neat but again, could have been made at home. I'm still waiting to see another example.

post-143-1195758152.jpg

I think I know but which is your favorite?

I think most people would expect me to say my favorite is the Pyrotomic Disintegrator but it's actually the Arliss bubble gun. There's a great story about how I snagged it (see link) and besides being just an over the top gorgeous raygun, I think it's even more rare than The Pyro. There - I said it. I love the Pyro and I spent several years waiting to own one, even obsessed by it, but the honest fact is that the Arliss means just a tad more to me.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/Arliss-B...l=arliss+bubble

FJW - OH MAN!!!! - You're killing me.

Did you have to bring THAT story up again?!

Just when I started to "forget" all about it!.... ;-) LOL

JK! - It's a fantastic gun! (And amazing story too) - Almost unbelievable.

But I personally remember the auction all too well.

And YOU, my friend, really won! (In more ways than one).

I know what you mean about the Arliss Bubble Gun.

It truly is a special and unique raygun. Much rarer than I ever realized as well.

(Especially your YELLOW version) Wow.

We will apply Henk's highest compliment to your amazing collection - WOW!!!! No pun intended I too am 'blown' away by your rayguns. Seems to be a very 'discriminating' collection too. One day I will 'educate' myself better is this area - then I will really appreciate what you have put together. Again thank you for sharing!!!

Very, very nice, Fin. I had no idea the collection had grown THAT much !!

I think between you and the Doctor, we have both coasts well-armed...

Lets me sleep a little better at night !! :D

Don, while I don't collect space guns, your display looks awesome.

You have so many great toys, I vote that we have a future Botstock

at Cannon Beach. Surfs up dude... :)

post-6-1196051453.jpg

Thats not a bad idea Darryl. I visited Don a few years ago and I gotta tell ya, Cannon Beach is beautiful! I had no idea that the Oregon coast was so spectacular. And Don's collection, even at that time was mind boggling. It has grown tenfold since then (grrrrrr! A little jealous). I am amazed that Don has accumulated 3 world class collections - Robots, Rayguns AND Space Toys! He definately has the knowledge, the discerning eye, and the patience to have accomplished this. Keep up the impressive work Fin!

post-4-1196090985.jpg

I vote that we have a future Botstock

at Cannon Beach. Surfs up dude... :)

Sure thing! I figure we can fit in maybe four people at a time upstairs to see the collections. "Now serving #14". :P

Archived