My Ray Guns

Fineas J. Whoopie

I've been meaning to post some updated pics of my ray gun collection and since there seems to be a lot of interest in ray guns lere lately I guess it's time. The display is a discombobulated mess (how about those cool chunks of syrofoam keeping the vertical guns raised? :P ) One of these days I'm really going to have to do a complete overhaul. The idea I have is to put together some thick sheets of styrofoam to cover a whole wall from floor to celing and cover that with some sort of fabric. Then I want to have some long hat pins that I can stick into the styrofoam to suport the ray guns. This way I can move the placement around at will. Just one of the many things on my to do list.....

post-143-1195416430.jpg

post-143-1195416461.jpg

post-143-1195416492.jpg

post-143-1195416511.jpg

post-143-1195416529.jpgpost-143-1195416570.jpg

post-143-1195416549.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don, it's a nasty rainy day here in York and it's always a cheer-me-up to see your collection under any conditions. what's that silver cast? gun at left in front of the helmet? It doesn't look familiar. All the cast silvered guns are plain? I just got the last of my Buck Rogers gun with the green one. By the way, I sure was sorry to see that red Atom Buster on Ebay go somewhere else. :glare:

post-221-1195418793.jpg

Thanks Phil. :) Did you bid on the Atom Buster? The silver looking gun is a friction sparkler from Hero of Japan. It's plastic with chrome colored paint and a tin litho panel on both sides of the handle.

Eagle - Thank you too! The Tom Corbett Space Cadet Atomic Rifle is two feet long.

post-143-1195424855.jpg

Fantastic collection Fin,,,,,,,,These rayguns really are difficult to display,That's why my raygun collection ended almost as soon as it had begun :blush:[three in total] ....Your 'Masterplan' for displaying them sounds great,I will look forward to seeing them in there deseved glory when you get 'round to it....

Nice, Don! Love the collection.

The Atom Buster went to toygear... Red's definitely rarer than the yellow... but the really tough find is the green one.

Great collection. Everytime I see another raygun collection I find new great looking guns....and thanks to you and doc for the encouragement.

Great collection. Everytime I see another raygun collection I find new great looking guns....and thanks to you and doc for the encouragement.

It's nice to have another ray gun enthusiast on the board - the more the merrier!

Woah FJW!!! - Woo Hoo! - SWEEEEET collection my brutha!!!

Your photos brought me out of lurking mode to chime in to say how much I dig your collection.

I knew you had a cool raygun collection...But wow.

They just look so awesome together - The way you've organized and displayed them. Just fantastic!

(I hardly noticed the styrofoam risers!) HEHE

I think your idea of a fabric covered, foam wall with pins is a great idea! I can't wait to see that when you finally do it!

Thanks for sharing!

After looking at them again, I've got to agree... the display sucks. You should just be ashamed of yourself...

;)

Actually, I think it all looks really nice. I see where you'd like to take it with the fabric and stuff, and I'm sure it'll look great. And I do understand why you're not in love with it as it currently stands. But there IS something impressive about the densely packed shelves. Lots of color, and a uniformity that makes a big impact. I wouldn't sell it short as a display, it definitely got my attention! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone. Toyboy - you should do less lurking and more picture posting! ;) Nice to hear from you!

Archived