Buck Rogers Sonic Guns

Phil R

Very Nice Phil! Have you been able to get batteries into any of them? If so, have you heard the siren (more like a buzzing if I remember correctly)?

Here's a Timeline thread that recaps the different color variations of Remco's "Space Gun" that have been spotted from 1953 through 1965:

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/1956-Sig...9654#entry69654

Does anyone know if the different color variations of the Buck Rogers Sonic Ray Gun were also produced at specific times? They've been sighted as early as 1949 (described in the ad as being "molded in colorful red plastic with bright green and yellow trim") all the way up to 1953. The Super Sonic Ray Gun was a 1957 release.

Yeah, Don, they make a buzzing noise. All the guns work. They were clean inside. :D

When I tried batteries in mine they seemed to be too snug so I didn't put them in. I didn't want them to get stuck. Maybe my batteries were a tad large?

Congratulations, Phil! This series of ray gun was one of my favorites as a kid. This and the great huge Remco space gun that was done in so many different branded versions (Star Trek, Lost In Space, Batman, Green Hornet) that I can't even keep count!

I loved these flashlight ray guns so much that I often traded away a ton of my GI Joe and Major Matt Mason toys for these babies during heated summer afternoon toy trading sessions with my friends. They thought I was nuts for preferring ray guns to action figures, but I simply had a keen sense that futuristic handheld plasma weapons would be of more value in a laser-blast fight than a stupid six inch plastic doll. LOL!!! :D

That's the cool thing about these toys, Pat. Technically, they are REAL ray guns! Sure, they shoot a harmless ray of LIGHT (which sometimes behaves as a harmless particle of light, for what it's worth...), but nonetheless, at least it's a ray of SOMETHING.

Take that, boring old cowboy guns! :)

Congrats Phil! - Cool and colorful collection you have there!

Is that truly the last one of the Buck Rogers Sonic Ray guns???

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't there a BLACK version out there? (without compass)

And if Phil wants to get REALLY obsessive with the Sonic Guns, there are also color variations -- reversed buttons and different colored tips (the "opposites" of the one he has...).

C'mon, Phil -- Stop slacking off! ;)

Seriously, your collection's GREAT! :)

Toyboy, yes there is a black gun like the colored ones. Brian, I'll just switch the tips, etc. and tell you I bought a new one and photoshop the rest! :lol:

Seriously, I should get the scope in color to go with the binoculars I have.

Archived