Pyro Space Ship Set

Tinman

Yeah, me too, Bill. The large rocket sold last year for about a third of the total. the set in the box must be extremely rare. I knew it was going to bring a lot. ;) ;)

Those spaceships are just so beautiful! When I was a kid and would have visions of what my flying car that I would own as an adult would look like, it was very close to the lines of these ships. Sleek and futuristic with large rounded areas of glass (or bubble) with swooping fins that held huge engines mounted on the ends. Just gorgeous. That's why I love the cars of the late '50's, early '60's so much. Those beautiful fins and tail-lights that bring flying cars to mind.

Sorry for the day-dreaming going on here. Once I get started......

Actually, I would have thought it'd go for a lot more. The Pyro ships alone command a high price, and that box puts the whole set over the edge. I've no idea what the army set is worth, but I'm sure that, to someone out there, it's a valuable toy. So all totaled....

I wonder if it would have gotten even more if they were listed individually...

I got to tell you guys. I know virtually nothing about these type of toys. For one thing, I don't remember anything like this because it was a little before my time. That being said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think I would trade me Robby Space Ship for that set. Those pieces are Pure "ART" !!!!!!!!!! I keep coming back to this post over and over !!! The first two rockets don't do much for me.They kind of remind me of 20,000 leagues under the sea [Nautilus] but with wings. But the 300 and 400 series had to have a different designer. They are pleasing to the eye and a practical application of Airframe and Powerplant ! Wow !!!!!!! The Canard vortex generators on the 400 series are prophetic in aviation design !!!! The guy that designed these two pieces had to have a love for aviation/space ! This set will stay the course of time ! Just the beauty !!!!!!!!! 100 times ,thanks Tinman ! :rolleyes:

Archived