Lost Treasure Found...

ToyMemories

Alright Fin, it's kind'a staring right at you up there <_< but I'll see if I can gain permission for another clue...

Eagle- anyhow? I dunno... :rolleyes: but it's cool!

Permission granted from Exalted Grand Commander T'Car!

Ok... another tiny clue... (it's rather unique; where you'd normally find it would be to some unlucky...)

post-526-1193895285.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who are old enough to remember - this is like that old game of Concentration where more and more of the puzzle is revealed - yeah I was bad at figuring out those puzzles too!!!

I think Steve is on to something here. TM, can you post a pic with the two clues positioned in relation to each other aprox. as they would be in a full pic? That would be more like "concentration"!

TM,,,,,,,,,,sorry. In southern PA ,,,,,,the term "Anyhow" with explanation mark means [i second the motion] !

I'm enjoying this, but don't have a clue.

TM,,,,,,,,,,sorry. In southern PA ,,,,,,the term "Anyhow" with explanation mark means [i second the motion] !

I'm enjoying this, but don't have a clue.

LOL Ok, I was in the dark there Eagle :rolleyes:

As for placing the images where their proper positions would be in the final item, I'm afraid that would make them frightfully obvious!

Think hidden clues, references in the posts... it may come together relatively easy... or, of course, I could be insane! :wacko:

I'm having fun too... :D

No mask?!? :blink: What a pity :( This idea was to good!

Let´s try the logical way. What do we know? Some thoughts:

1) It is space related

2) It is a toy

3) It is made from plastic

4) It is made in the fifties

In short form: It is a plastic space toy from the fifties. :lol:

Kinds of Space Toys:

-Robots

-space vehicles like rockets, saucers, cars

-spacemen and accessories

-guns and rifles

-space suits like helmets, gloves, shoes etc.

-space board games

-rare other items like space phones, Megascope... and...and..and

Well I´m quite sure that it is no robot and no spaceman too.

Spaceguns were often made from plastic although I can´t recognize any similarity.

Is it a space vehicle? Can´t recognize it.

Something is confusing. It is the white colour of the toy. Usually space toys are colourful. ( With exception of the Apollo toys like Matt Mason and others)

A few space helmets are white. Is it this TM? Really hard for a "born in the 60s German" to recognize a 50s american space toy. :huh:

Eagle, Fin, Steve and the others. Any thougts? :o

He doesn't mention that it is a toy or made of plastic. From the pictures the color seems a very light blue or blue green. The first pic looks like the front end of some kind of vehicle turned upside down. You can see some sort of grill there.

Some kind of Mars vehicle?

... any ideas on what it is? (Hint- it's plastic, 1950's... and pretty nifty)

Here is TMs plastic hint.

Although you are right Andy - he doesn´t mention that it is a toy but Alphadrome is a site for Robots and Space Toys.

Following by that I conclude that it is a space toy.

The object at the bottom of the 3rd and 4th photo looks like an engine nacelle. The only nacelles that I have ever seen like this are on the shuttle !The shuttle concept was initiated in the 50"s . But the louvers throw me and the shuttle has never been in combat. TM eludes that this is a combat object. Nothing in space right now combat related. Well maybe an old Reagan SDI rail gun . ;)

Dont forget that this item would need a fair size bread bin to house it after reconstruction so its not an average toy size, perhaps.

I'm intrigued now,,,,,I've got to get involved,,To me it looks like a torso/upperbody of a robot or space suit ,,as if his legs are buried,,having said that ,it would mean he doesn't have a head aswell,and I dont think TM would be exited about a toy in that condition :blink: ,so really I suppose I'm way off the mark,it would be nice to know if I was going completely in the wrong direction,,or maybe I have hit on something. <_<

Just a few toughts :

Quote : "the artifact itself is a completely one of a kind item, yet it became a store item shortly after in the 1950's... (it is a little different than the final version, but close enough to identify)"

So it's early fifties, it's a prototype, or a one made artifact before it evolved to become "a store item". Does that mean manufactured?

Nowhere is it mentionned that this is a toy, could be an artifact related to some sci-fi theme. & before the 50's, that could involve an all american hero; Buck? Flash?

On the pictures, it doesn't look like the plastic we're used to see in robots & space toys, it seems thicker, coherent with the pre-50's period, & probably american made.

Just to put in my 2 cents..........or 10

TM did say it was plastic from the 50's ! So 9T9 is correct. Early plastic, Bakelite? Mars /war/1950's I'm leaning towards War or the Worlds ! <_< No no wait.........I know. I think when TM reveals the true identity of this toy, I'm going to look at it and think. What the H is that? Never saw one or heard of it .. :D :lol: :P .

I think Steve is on to something here. TM, can you post a pic with the two clues positioned in relation

to each other aprox. as they would be in a full pic? That would be more like "concentration"!

Don, I'm not sure if joining these two pics helps you any...

Or for that matter, if I even have it right. I for sure can't tell you which way is up...

But I have to step away for a while now, before my head explodes :blink:

To paraphrase Andy...

(shakes fist)

"Damn you, Toy Memories !!" :)

post-130-1193970897.jpg

Ah... now you guys are thinking! I can smell the cosmic smoke from here!

It's killing me not to reveal it already... but I'll hold off just a LITTLE longer ;)

(partly because once one of you spots some of the hidden trail, it may become obvious!)

Alrighty, now to respond to your thoughts...

Blech very logical, and a good path... it is a toy, or more like a step before the actual toy was mass-produced, therefor the plastic color beneath the worn spots and the paint color is not standard issue. It is not a space helmet, and it is not made by Mattel... try digging deeper into the posts...

Andy, yep it's a toy (see above), I would never torture the gang with a curveball! To me it looks light blue, but again, color is not to dwell on... Important clues in the beginning...

Eagle interesting observation... yes, war-torn... but what can and can't be used in war?

Funk kind of correct; but what makes an item average size?

Spark I love your way of thinking! But... read the hints. Use the Force! :) Let's just say that though it is war-torn, it is in acceptable condition for me (not much of a choice in this case anyway!), and it does have some damage, but for what it is most would be ok with it.

9tobor9 Correct-a-mundo... the artifact in question is a prototype pretty close to what the final manufactured version would be. Yes, it's a toy (see above) but the plastic is different than production (good eye there!), and it is 1950's, American...

Eagle back to you again, I think when the true identity of the toy and where the clues really are are revealed, you'll be like... "aw, man! why didn't I see that?" :D

Robobob Smart thinking... (wish I'd thought of that LOL) but ARE the pictures assembled correctly? And which end IS up? heh-heh... Could you be the one that now finds the trail?

I can't spell it out for you... or could I? Or did I? I think my head is about to explode too... :wacko:

It may be hard, it's very true; to tell which are and aren't clues;

Archived