Lost Treasure Found...

ToyMemories

While heading back to the ship from our latest scouting mission (seemingly fruitless, as is commonplace nowadays), I had to cross the harsh Martian Umagi sands in the Western quadrant... equipment malfunctioning as usual with the crappy import gear we're supplied with, I was hot... tired... sweaty... and beginning to enter the realm of delusional exhaustion... when roughly about half-way back to the craft, something caught my eye... a fragment jutting from the ancient parched soil...

Was it typical space junk? Too many times the hope of finding scrap metal to turn into a few creds upon return to the base was dashed when the find turned out to be useless debris... crazy me, I had to check it out either way.

As I got closer, the sweat and searing light made me dizzy... no... could it be? Something thought lost, hidden away for decades... a sacred treasure?! War-torn and weathered, it was! It was...

I carefully pulled it free from it's arid home, tenderly placed it in my sample cannister, and continued the long trip back to the ship. I smiled back at the Umagi deadlands, with a sparkle of appreciation for its' gift to me. Then, I made arrangements for the artifact to be properly protected, and transported to my work station back home. I made it here before the arrival, but I'm told it will come tomorrow... Ah, I can't wait...

This is what I saw in the sands...

post-526-1193645197.jpg

post-526-1193645210.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After countless hours and days of waiting on the edge of my seat (I think I waited at least 4 days!), it arrived today!

Woo-Hoo!!! :D

Pictures coming soon... any ideas on what it is? (Hint- it's plastic, 1950's... and pretty nifty)

Spent half the day cleaning and examining it... :wacko:

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this one out ToyMemories, can we get a bit more of a visual hint?

Hey, Fineas!

Ok, yes... it's a toughy, especially since it's "special" (and "war-torn" too! Those Umagi sands are brutal :blink: )

After checking with the Supreme Base Commander, he's authorized the release of this preliminary detail photo... not easy, but what do you think now?

(and no checking with Doc or Joe!)

post-526-1193760503.jpg

You're killing me with this, TM! ;)

Hey Andyman!

Well, I wouldn't want to get court-martialed by the Interplanetary Defense League for releasing information too soon!

I mean, yeah I LIKE Mars and all, but I don't think I could make it in the Umagi zone for 12 sectons of disciplinary action, especially without Atomic regenerators :ph34r:

Really, call me weird, but if memory serves, ironically... if you look up tonight, it's kind of like branded up in space... <_<

I had to cross the harsh Martian Umagi sands in the Western quadrant... equipment malfunctioning as usual with the crappy import gear we're supplied with, I was hot... tired... sweaty... and beginning to enter the realm of delusional exhaustion...

Sounds like it was a hard way to get it ToyMemories!

For me it looks like a mask. With a robots face? :ph34r: For halloween?

Is it a toy that was in production and could have been bought at a store in the fifties? Or is it a one of a kind item?

Bigger than a breadbox?

I think I know what it is... As Flounder says in Animal House, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!"

Unless I'm wrong.

Hahahaha...

Ok~

Funk, I don't think the Moon comes into play here, though the item could possibly be useful there... you're a little on to something though...

Morbius no... not a Honeymoon Rocket... you're a bit cold... ;)

Eagle well... no... but the buried fragment shown is not necessarily in scale to the footprints, or better yet, how do we know whose footprints they are? They could belong to the Biluvian Biped that I ate for lunch out in Umagi... ;) (yeah, I like the word Umagi today LOL). Also, the old Magloi infantry Captain B'Bon B'Bonz had passed through before me, and he has odd-sized stompers too...

Blech yes! It was terribly difficult, more than I can say, to make the acquisition... but I had to have it, war-torn and all! Good thought there, but... no... (by the way, Happy Halloween everyone!)

Fin good questions... the artifact itself is a completely one of a kind item, yet it became a store item shortly after in the 1950's... (it is a little different than the final version, but close enough to identify) Bigger than a breadbox? Well, in its' current state it could fit in a breadbox, but after reconstruction it would depend on what size breadbox you had! Really, I feel like exploding here, I hope someone guesses right soon!

Doc I'll blast you if you give it away! :glare: Yes, you surely know what it is, my friend... but this is fun!

Clues you've requested, and I have supplied; they're not in the open, but hidden inside...

Beginning to read, they appear one by one; then when you find them your search will be done...

Archived