Today's Plastic Pickups

Tinman

Today I took a chance and drove 3 hours to a toy show in New Castle, DE. Even though I found no vintage or Japanese robots I was able to find a few nice items for the plastic space toy collection. The picture includes three 5" Archer vehicles (sedan & tanker trucks), a Gilmark X-42 "rocket" car, chrome rocket and figures by Premier, and a Hong Kong Radar Robot, all in really nice condition.

post-329-1193620573.jpg

Great pickups, Bill. The Archer stuff looks like it was designed in the 30s. I still don't have the Gilmark car. Overall, a great day for space toys. :D A Lady at the train show I went to had one of the large Archer cars mint in red for $75 that I didn't buy. I was amazed how thin the center front window piece was, and how it could ever survive unbroken. ;) Amazingly, I bought that same robot in the box earlier this year and posted in in one of my park flea market posts, I think.

I was thinking the same thing about that thin strip on the green car and it too was intact. Heck, the 4" cars have more support, it must have been a high-fail area on those 10 inchers. The Gilmark car I got for a steal at $15 and never seeing one in "real Life", was surprised to find it was made from hard plastic.

Archived