This Robot Is Done

Eagle

So, this project started a little over a week ago. It was to be the bus stop robots. Well things were going well until I ran out of 20 gauge sheet metal. That meant putting another project aside. I wasn't about to do that . Has happened too many times lately. So what to do with the male. Thursday night one of the flight crew brought in an old wagon. Said she was saving it for me. Great, now what to do with an old wagon ? I was headed to the scrap pile and it hit me . The bus stop robot. So here he is in his glory ! Full throttle in burner. I still have to put the rocket motors on tonight.After he dries, I'm going to antique it like old copper. This was fun. Now what do I do with it ? Anyone wants one or wants to build one or a variation of one ,,,,,let me know. 😛 Oh yeah I just added his antenna/hair 😉

post-545-1193522961.jpg

post-545-1193522983.jpgIMG_1838.JPGIMG_1841.JPGIMG_1836.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1840.JPG

post-545-1193523007.jpg

post-545-1193523214.jpg

post-545-1193523233.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark, great job! I really like the ears and vest thingy! the wagon is gonna be cool. Can't wait to see how risque' you'll get with the female robot! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. My son just came in the garage and said. Dad that looks like Alfalfa from [Our Gang}. So ,thats his name .

Alfalfa Drome !!!!! ;)

GREAT job, Mark.

That last photo got me thinking...AlfalfaDrome really needs to be taken out of that wagon (nice touch with the "fender flares" by the way!) and put behind the wheel of that boat!!!! Now THAT would be a lawn ornament!

Your on Joe . Alfalfadrome is able to be completely disassembled and posed in different situations .The joints are all movable. OhOh you may have started something ! :rolleyes: I just installed the rocket motors .

post-545-1193588206.jpg

post-545-1193588230.jpg

post-545-1193588256.jpg

Very cool Eagle. Love the wagon wings ! Are you going to do the female robot too? Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you add some motors to the wagon and make it Remote controlled. Really get the neighbors wondering when they see your robot tooling around the front yard. :lol:

You sure know how to make a guy feel guilty Eagle. I just haven't had as much time to work on my robots lately but I do have a great excuse.

Blame it on the Dolphins

What a great video. Yeah,thats a great excuse! Never been to Florida but the dolphins alone would make it worth the trip. Botstock in Florida !!!!!!! :D

Ok ,,,,,,,,,,, Joe wanted to see him in the boat and Spark wanted him under a tree. You got it. :rolleyes: Alfalfadrome is versatile.

post-545-1193592734.jpg

post-545-1193592751.jpg

post-545-1193592770.jpg

post-545-1193592785.jpg

Two things, has Alfalfa had boating training....and, how far can you throw one of those leg bones for me? I can't wait to ride in that boat with the robot at the helm. Can you do a remote control for steering? :rolleyes:

The boat is great for his holidays,,,,,but he looks so at home under that tree,,like he lives there! ;) :D

You were 100% right Spark. He is at his best under a tree ............. Just taking in nature!

Phil ,,,,,,,,,,, why do you do this to me ? Make the boat remote control. We don't even know if it floats yet ! :rolleyes:

Archived