Space Toys At The Train Show

Phil R

Well, today I decided to go to the giant train show 10 minutes from my home. It been here at the fairgrounds twice a year for many years but this is the first time I've gone to it. I have been an part of the show at a Holiday Inn with 100 dealers 5 minutes from my home.

It cost $10., $15. at registration. Yes, you have to be a member or guest to attend. A guest has to have someone sponsor you for admission with a badge. I registered at 9:30 and came back at 11:30 for the opening at 12:00. Ir runs three day, occupies 7 buildings and probably more than 1,000 dealers. I went first into the largest building and almost immediately saw some great stuff. Unfortunately, he was the best space dealer at the entire show. However, he has more at his home for later. Man, that's a lot of trains!

I got a red Archer car, two Wannatoy cars(Dillon Beck also makes this car) , a Renwal racer, another small racer in green(I did have it in red), a red 4" Thomas Toy raygun, and a plunger back Hong Kong raygun I'm not familiar with. the only other item I should have bought was a pyro double fuselage rocket, not the X-400. :D

post-221-1192748303.jpg

Great! Congratulations on your cool additions! I love it when you find stuff when, and where, you least expect it! I once went to the Chiller Theater show in Jersey a few years ago to get some autographs from Lost In Space cast members that I was missing.

It's a show for props, costumes, posters, autographs, and a mild assortment of pin-up stuff. But never vintage tin robots or space toys. So what do I pick up for $300? A minty red Cragstan Astronaut! That was a great day. The seller knew it had some value just because it was so damm pretty, but not more insight than that. Good for me.

Archived