Plastic Space Collection

Phil R

Recently I bought 2 small display cases cheap. This one, 36x36x17 is the new home of the plastic space collection. They were spread over 4 other cases. Rockets, cars, toys and spacemen. the background is "spacey" cloth on board. The case has two glass sliding doors. It took me a month to get my wife to move something of hers to storage in another part of the basement to make room. :blush:

post-221-1192643158.jpg

Nice set up Phil :) I was thinking of ways to display my smaller pieces,,,,,,I might have to 'nick' your idea B) BTW,,,,,,How long do you think it took me to let the robots completely take over my big display unit in my living room!! :blink: :D

Very nice Phil.

Loads of different pieces and lots of colour. Luv it !

Oh, and by the way , you do realise that you will pay dearly for that small 'wife favour ' in the future so be afraid, be very afraid :unsure:

Spark, I can imagine how long it took for the takeover. My stuff is all in the basement family room, my work room and the computer/laundry room. I can't display any onf it in the main part of the house. That's her domain.

Funk, I've been married 37 years. I'll expect the shoe to drop at any time in the future. It's part of the sacrifice. I also have an all glass slightly smaller case. She asked me where that's going. that's the next step. :blush:

I love the way the case looks, Phil. Lots of color, and all nicely arranged. Feels nicely full without being cluttered -- a tough balancing act!

I know why it struck me as familiar ! It reminds me of my Uncle Bill's General store in the village I grew up in. He displayed all of his toys that were for sale,,,the same way ! He had the [in box stuff] in another room behind a curtain. Right beside that display was the penny candy and beside that, the cooler with Root beer , Banana and vanilla Popsicles ! :P Phil, this has to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing displays I have ever seen ! ;)

Nicely done, Phil. Now, aren't you glad you went back for those cases?

Eagle's post is spot on. There's something about a well-worn wooden display case that triggers fond memories of Woolworth's Five & Dime or a Mom & Pop owned toy store. Thanks for jogging my memory, Mark!

REallly nice! I particularly like the colorful spaceships on the middle shelf. I do imagine that this must be a huge difference from the pieces being scattered among different larger items.

Archived