Huey Duey And Louie

robothut

They all look fantastic, John. Now, if they could just be motorized! Seriously, though, I've always been a fan of the Silent Running robots, Huey, Dewey and Louie. The story of how they were animated for the movie is almost as bizarre as the little robots themselves (they used double-amputees, walking on their hands). I've always wanted to see those robots truly motorized, somehow, but mechanical physics just doesn't permit it. Who knows, though, maybe with Sony "Qrio" technology.

Yes I have an artical with pictures of the double-amputees in the robot costumes and some day if I can get actual dimentions I will build the drones for the Robot Hut, but until then you can built these guys in paper, here is the link.

http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~shun-pop/

Also I'm sure given enought time a robot can be built that looks like the drones and walks like the drones.

Where did you find the tin-man looking robot on the bottom row of the second series? He's sandwiched between My Blue Robot on the left and Asimo on the right.

The tin man paper robot was made and sold as a kit by a USA company in 1983 it was called MR. Funnel Head. It came with a talking strip (a piece of plastic that you run your fingernail down, there used by party ballon shops alot, this made the robot talk).

Archived