Gofer Robotron Repair

Eagle

Phil bought a Gopher Robot. Didn't work. Two problems a broken wire ,,,no biggie. But the second defect. Problem. The premise of this design is that the robot remains in neutral making clicking sounds until either a coin is placed in the top or weight applied to the tray. Both cause the same results. A walking beam [see photo] with a fulcrum point at the arms moves a bell crank and shifts a jackshaft to engage the drive. Well this bell crank and the top plate holding it were shattered in pieces. Even if I cast a new crank it just floated in one guide hole. Bad design! So I built both pieces from metal. Now it works. So, seeing the design of this piece, I would bet there are a lot more of these guys out there stuck in Neutral ? Anyone else have one of these ?

post-545-1192234299.jpg

post-545-1192234317.jpg

post-545-1192234340.jpg

It's a miracle! Well, almost. The GOFER is now working perfectly. The frammis is now in sync with the twizzer rods. Mark is the man! But, I can see why they break. Unless you take the glass off the tray he keeps going and going and going. He tried to climb the wall. :D

post-221-1192489862.jpg

Archived