Marx Electric Wiring

shaneluna123

Hey Ho robot heads.

My name is Shayne and I live in Melbourne Australia.

Love Alphadrome, its helped me so much over time, you guys ROCK. So much info.

Recently I bought a Marx Electric robot on Ebay. Perfect condition but no son. there is no upper plastic in the drawer so I think that means he should have a son.

My problem is that there are wires loose inside and I'm not sure where they attach. I tested all his components seperately eg: eyes motor, buzzer, they all work fine !. Need a circuit diagram !. if someone has a sketch would be great because its doin in my noodle. Found a photo here, somewhere, of the inside of one but seems a bit different to mine.

regards shayne .

Yes there have been inside pictures posted on Electric robot some place on this site and they should alow you to wire yours up correctly. The important things to remember about this robot is that the two D cell batterys are to be put in faceing the same way. The two batterys do not supply 3 volts to the robot just 1.5 volts . In the old days the carbon batterys did not last very long so two D cell batterys in Paallel would give twice the current / twice the play time. Also the door latch that slides down is the battery contact switch so it is easy to follow that contact point and the contacxt point from the other end of the battery box to the buzzer and buzzer switch for example, the motor switch looks more complicated as it is a 3 way switch. But there is still almost no way of connecting things up wrong as many connections are made with solid buss bars that are riveted, these rivet connections can oxidize and then not conduct, when this happens you need to solder the connections.

• 8 months later...

Welcome aboard. Thanks for bringing this up -- I've got an ER&S that's not working, and one of these days, I'm going to have to tackle the repair... Let me know how yours goes!

hi shaneluna, I got 2 electrics and both didn't work, but they were very very easy to fix,

clean all contacts, shake a bit, it helps a lot if all wires are attached and still not work and don't forget as robothut says: 2 batteries the same way!

I think lots and lots of electric robots advertised as not working would work if only the sellers knew..

if you post pics of the inside maybe I can match them with my robots and see whats wrong,

should be easy, cause you have the light, the morse buzzer and the wheels, no heavy actions and lots of gears .

good luck!

• Brian.. changed the title to Marx Electric Wiring

Archived