Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol

Clunkclick

Just acquired a nice Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol. Its the pressed steel version. Nice overall condition but its also tarnished. Can I use a general metal cleaner to remove the tarnish. Already tried Novus (only thing to hand) but its not working. Also I worry about any patina being destroyed.

Thanks Clunk

CC, if you're referring to the non-annodized steel version, you can clean with steel wool and retreat the finish in several different ways including a cold process re-blueing. If it's the gold annodized finish you can't do anything short of refinishing it or using a matching gold spray paint. ;)

post-221-1191524488.jpg

Thanks Phil.

Mines a U-235 in a polished metal finish. Certainly not the blued or gold painted variants. General question is this a coated steel finish or well polished because I can understand this finish tarnishing but there seems to be darker areas underneath. I would post a picture to show what I mean but due to a house renovation everything here is in turmoil. Intend using MAAS metal polish first.

Clunk

Archived