The Tobor Project

Eagle

Ok this is a spin off from John's Tobor thread. If you haven't read that go back and get caught up. We are trying to build up a base here to do a TOBOR build off. Your thoughts and opinion as always are wanted and needed. :) I think this all got attention a few weeks ago when the movies Gog and Tobor were brought up. Many of us,myself included had never heard or seen these two robots. I have been intrigued with both since that day. Then MMM shows his wonderful piece and maybe that inspires the Washington warrior to create his beautiful piece....................So here we are. I'm thinking we pay tribute to both bots. Tobor and Gog. We have 3 on board already. ;) Lets get this ball rolling.

I have many pictures of TOBOR and of course the one I built, but I have to reduce the size of each one to post so Please give me time as I am in the middle of moving and at the end of the month will no longer have internet service until my son starts up his road runner thru cable.

After that I should be back on a regular basis, hopefully! But since I have already built two TOBOR's and sold them, I will concentrate on making the GOG robot. Nobody has done it yet that I know of?

Hope to talk to you all soon. And to say THANKS to a special few who cared!!!

God Bless,

MMM

I have many pictures of TOBOR and of course the one I built, but I have to reduce the size of each one to post so Please give me time as I am in the middle of moving and at the end of the month will no longer have internet service until my son starts up his road runner thru cable.

After that I should be back on a regular basis, hopefully! But since I have already built two TOBOR's and sold them, I will concentrate on making the GOG robot. Nobody has done it yet that I know of?

Hope to talk to you all soon. And to say THANKS to a special few who cared!!!

God Bless,

MMM

Good to see you back MMM!!

HEH HEH HEH ......................... Here we GO :excl: :excl: :excl: :P MMM you'll finish Gog and believe me , sell that bad boy in a hummingbird heartbeat !

Welcome aboard. ;) and thanks for the 3D photo's. They help a lot. John's going to kill ya though for the size of them ! :o

MMM: It was great talking with you again and through your current efforts, I know you will return soon....even stronger than before!

Godspeed to you man, wishing you and yours best regards and looking forward to things becoming great for you once again. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys. This week I spent gathering up materials for this project. I have managed to get the 26 gauge sheet metal and 2024-T3 aluminum . Here is the obstacle right now. The fluted arm and leg pieces. I have not found anything close to the dynamics of these parts yet. Home depot and Lowe's has not provided the desired shape. I think I may have to head to the scrap yard for CV boots to do the job. Making them out of silicone is just cost prohibitive . The size of these pieces will dictate the size of the Tobor . I do have a perfect piece in front of me. It is the 2 ft trendmasters B-9. The depth and diameter of the pleats are perfect. How to duplicate those ????????????? :blush: Then I need to figure out the duplication size of this bot depending on the size of these fluted pieces.

PS: Just got off the phone with MMM,,,,,,my phone died in the middle of the conversation. Anyhow, as suspected MMM modified the size of the head to be proportionate with the body. He tried the actual size head and disliked it to the point of scrapping it. MMM is fighting the battle and pulling ahead. :)

• 10 months later...

A small up to ask something : how much would cost a Tobor in 1/12 scale ? I don't want a fixed price, but a range of price to have an idea.

And who thinks he can do it ? (in materials that won't break easily during shipping...)

I'm thinking of a 1/12 scale because it would fit in my collection with my X-Plus Robby ^_^ and take less space than 1/5 or 1/4 scales.

Just let me know if it could be affordable for me (here, or by PM)

Thanks

B)

ps: and if you have some other movie robots at the same scale, just let me know ;)

Yom, you must contact John Rigg, only he could tell you this kind of information as he has everything based off the original TOBOR, Maybe he could estimate a 1/12 scale version.

MMM

Archived