Captain Video

Phil R

I've accumulated these Superior Captain Video spacemen and rockets over the past year. the newest spacemen are the left 4 from this Labor Day weekend. I need 2 more rocket styles and some more spacemen. And of course the spaceport and cannon. There are 7 in this style of hard plastic. the figures were made later in a soft plastic with poor trim on the mold seam for Post Raisin Bran inserts. My favorites are the long ray gun guy and pointy faced green guy. :D

post-221-1188857043.jpg

post-221-1188857072.jpg

post-221-1188857090.jpg

I haven't picked up any of these guys yet Phil but plan on doing so. The robots are great, especially the metallic ones. There seems to be lots of them on ebay, were any of these reproduced and do I need to be careful about which ones to buy?

Between you and I, I think we have the spaceman market cornered! I received the Archer Space Boy a few days ago and was in better condition than I thought with only one rub on the left arm.

post-329-1188873376.jpg

Nice Space Boy. Go for the hard plastic Captain Video spacemen. Post ones are not very nice. Maximum $15.00 apiece. Watch for broken guns, etc. Sets in packaging go for a lot more. ;)

I really like the Captain Video pieces because they're some of the more whimsical figures made - excellent collection Phil!

Tinman - I don't see that copper one you got very often at all, nice pickup.

hard plastic like the space boy you have. They're not flexible. Better molding. Later some of these figures were made in Hong Kong, Mexico, etc. and were a flexible plastic that were not trimmed as well on seams and could mark and dent easily. I have some of the soft Captain Video for Post cereal inserts I mentioned earlier. That was also the case with rockets, Later ones were a softer more pliable plastic, duller finish usually, and not nearly as nice. Go for the harder plastic.

Archived