Marx Lookalike

Phil R

I just received these Mexico made rockets which are copies of early Marx desirable rockets. Even though they're only 1994 I'm putting them here for the reference. I was pleasantly surprised. they're 5" and hard plastic with wheels. They're called A-wing, Double-fuselage and Clamshell. I forgot about and missed another set at the same time. I'm including the photo of them bagged. 🙂

mexico_rocketsA.jpg

marxships705.jpg

post-221-1186858379.jpg

post-221-1186858414.jpg

I´m always amazed by your pickings Phil! The spaceships are wonderful. I´ve never seen such items in Germany. Lucky americans :rolleyes:

I just received these Mexico made rockets which are copies of early Marx desirable rockets...

Hey Phil!

Actually, I believe they're made from the original Marx molds (and likely still being made down there to this day!)

The company that makes them has a variety of other original Marx molds as well, and tends to make things in... well... interesting colors :blink:

There's a guy on eBay who makes regular trips to Mexico and picks this stuff up to sell.

The stuff is nice, but you always have to be careful about breakage, whether they use a cheaper grade of plastic, or plastic with too much re-grind (re-used plastic), and I know stuff even never removed from the package has broken pieces on occasion...

But, all-in-all, the stuff is cool, and a way for some of us regular folks to get some examples of rare things!

Archived