Robert The Robot Repair

Fineas J. Whoopie

I am posting a picture of the copper piece that the battery goes into that came with my Robert the robot and a shot of the battery compartment.

What I am curious about is-

1) is this assembly complete?

and

2) is there a currently produced bulb that will work here?

Once again, thanks.

post-2-1065318691_thumb.jpg

to answer question Don,

yes, that is complete. Robert the Robot comes with rudimentry assembly (copper clip) that gives battery power to light only, it's one of those transitional pieces that add value to ur collection. Good Job my friend!

To expand upon robert's answer a little bit...

The lightbulb/battery holder is wedged in place once Robert the Robot's head is twisted on. Make sure the small hole in the bracket is aligned on the "tit" in the red plastic throat piece. The "on/off" knob on the chest simply rotates a cam that presses on the bottom of the holder and pushes it up against the bottom (negative end) of the "D-Cell" battery, completing the circuit and lighting the bulb. Simple, but effective!

Bulb #131 should work.

See:

http://www.topbulb.com/find/prod_list.asp?...lashlight+bulbs

Now, if only they still made the lightbulb eyes for Marx' Electric Robot...

Hey, Fineas -- can't add anything to the Robert the Robot discussion, but as far as the art goes... one possible reason the photos are coming out so big is that you might be setting the image size, but leaving the dpi of the pic too high (i.e., anything above 72). So when the screen displays it, the XX x XX image suddenly becomes 3XX x 3XX (or whatever). Because the screen can't display above 72 dpi, it does its best to interpret the new image -- this ends up blowing it way up.

Just one possibility.

Oh yeah, nice robot. :)

Hey, Fineas -- can't add anything to the Robert the Robot discussion, but as far as the art goes... one possible reason the photos are coming out so big is that you might be setting the image size, but leaving the dpi of the pic too high (i.e., anything above 72). So when the screen displays it, the XX x XX image suddenly becomes 3XX x 3XX (or whatever). Because the screen can't display above 72 dpi, it does its best to interpret the new image -- this ends up blowing it way up.

Just one possibility.

Oh yeah, congrats on the robot. :)

Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad to hear that I can replace the bulb and get Robert's headlight working. You can see why just looking at the bracket for the first time it's hard to tell if there is anything missing.

As for the photo editing etc. I have downloaded the "Irfanveiw" program (thank you John) but like everything else, I'll get a better grip on it after fooling around with it a bit more. So much to learn , so little time.

Here is what you do. I saved your bracket picture and opened it in Infra view. then I clicked on IMAGE then I clicked on Resize Resample and changed the size to 400 X 300, just change the first size number the second will change automaticly. Click OK. Then I clicked on Image again , then click on SHARPEN. Now save the modified picture as a JPEG set the image quality to 75. this will give you a picturte that is 400 X 300 in size with a file size of around 73 k. it will look good and load fast.

post-2-1065374289_thumb.jpg

Now to CROP in on the bracket is real easy. just load the picture in Infra view, take you mouse and click and drag out a box around the bracket. you can repostion the box or drag out the sides after you have made a box on the screen. Go up to EDIT and click on CROP. thats it. and again use the Sharpen tool then save the image as before.

post-2-1065374485_thumb.jpg

O.K. here we go-

Hmmm.. Well, thats better than huge, but not the same size as yours John. I hate to turn this into my own private tutorial, but I have a few ideas about it. more in a bit.

post-2-1065383609_thumb.jpg

This is getting way out of hand, I know. But I can't end with that last one (over cropped I think).

Now someone start a nice interesting thread please! :D

post-2-1065385911_thumb.jpg

Hey, you started the thread, I figure that gives you the right to use it as a practice space for posting pics. :D

Now, as for my double post... I could have sworn I clicked on the "edit" button, and not the "reply" button. Hm...

Hey FJW ! Now that you have the photo program under control and have shown us a teaser photo of your collection how about an over all shot of the shelves where you have Robert displayed. PLEASE! :)

Allright, as Dratomic pointed out the thread does have my name on it, so why not just move right on in? :D

Now, be kind! I have only been at this for a year and a half.

First, the saucers-

post-2-1077951284_thumb.jpg

Archived