Laser Ray Gun

Tinman

Picked up this "Laser Ray Gun" tonight although I don't know a whole lot about it. Looks like it has it's origins the Buck Rogers Sonic Ray Gun. I remember playing with guns like this way back when.

post-329-1186367780.jpg

post-329-1186367786.jpg

post-329-1186367790.jpg

Haven't received it yet but the auction description says it's a "clicker". I'm thinking it also has a lightbulb.

What does the "Sonic Ray" sound like?

Tinman - I've heard only one Sonic Ray and as I remember it was a sort of buzzer. The Laser Ray has slots in it that look like they are for letting sound through. Let us know what it does when you get yours.

This is a later toy (I THINK Hong Kong) that's based on the Buck Rogers Super Sonic gun. It's an interesting toy -- for me, anyway -- because, with its use of the word "laser," it's really picking up on emerging technology. Just the way the Buck Rogers U-235 Atomic Pistol picks up on an earlier technology. These toys are reflections of their time.

Good point about the use of the word "laser" vice "atomic or sonic". Definitely points to a later era. I'll be sure to give you an update FJW. The auction description said nothing about sounds (other than clicker) or lightbulm mechanism, so I'll have to see. Sure looks like the gun this guy is holding though.

post-329-1186486962.jpg

Tinman - I've heard only one Sonic Ray and as I remember it was a sort of buzzer. The Laser Ray has slots in it that look like they are for letting sound through. Let us know what it does when you get yours.

Received the "Laser Ray" today. It has a flashlight assembly with red lens and a clicking trigger. Works perfectly. The slots at the top let the clicking sound resonate out of the gun. No buzzer. Looks like it was never played with...niiiice!

Archived