Ub-1 Electro Art Works

Sparkrobot

I think Andys on holiday at the moment,but I'm so pleased with the Andybot I bought from him ,that I cant wait for him to get back before I post a picture ,It also gives me a chance of showing a few more clasic robots I've aquired recently.Here's a picture of UB-1 [uglybot- 1] in his new English home ,along with a nice Wheel-a-Gear and Electric robot ,plus a colourful Russian plastic and a couple more vintage bots..P.S,,,,Scott if you read this post ,it's great to have you back,,,,,,,Where you belong! ,,,,,,,Along with Eagle ,,Me ,,and all the rest of Alphadrome :)

post-540-1185568848.jpg

Sparky, just my 2 cents here - The 2 big bots should have the shelf to themselves - They kind of "overshadow" UB 1 if you know what I mean? I just think he'd [i'm guessing it's a he] would do better on a different shelf. :unsure:

Sparky, just my 2 cents here - The 2 big bots should have the shelf to themselves - They kind of "overshadow" UB 1 if you know what I mean? I just think he'd [i'm guessing it's a he] would do better on a different shelf. :unsure:

Mike,,,,,,,I know exactly what you mean,,,,,,,,,The truth is I'm running out of space! I need to re-organise my collection,but I dont want to get rid of any of my bots at the moment also,I dont want them spread all over the house ,so in a couple of weeks time when I have finished renovating my house ,rearannging the Robot collection will be next on the list,,I will then [with a better camara I hope] post the whole new set up,Thanks again for your comments,it helps me to get it right :huh: :D

AG,,,,,,,Yea,,you noticed did you,,,,,,,,,I used the glasses to hold the shelves up ,it seemed a good idea at the time,but now I see it in the picture ,maybe not such a good idea :blush: Oh well,back to the drawing board.......

Spark - I've mentioned before that I really like your Russian (Bulgarian?) robot and and am keeping an eye on getting one myself one day. But untill this picture I didn't realize the scale. It's actually smaller than I thought.

One quick fix on the glasses might be to turn them upside down - then they might look more like "art glass" pillars and not so quickly recognizable as drinking glasses. Just a thought.

Spark - I've mentioned before that I really like your Russian (Bulgarian?) robot and and am keeping an eye on getting one myself one day. But untill this picture I didn't realize the scale. It's actually smaller than I thought.

One quick fix on the glasses might be to turn them upside down - then they might look more like "art glass" pillars and not so quickly recognizable as drinking glasses. Just a thought.

Fin,,The Bulgarian,is pretty small,but when I really sort my display out and post pics of my whole collection,I think you will agree ,He is still a robot worth having.........When I can get to my display cabinet properly[ it's surrounded by boxes of unmade kitchen units! :( ]I will definately try the inverted glass trick,,,Anyone else got any ideas for nice pillars to hold a glass shelf up,,up to the 7 to 9 inch robot hight. Actually I've just remembered an idea I had a while back,but havn't got round to trying yet,,dont think I've gone mad,but I was thinking of using those wedding cake pillars ,preferably in clear plastic..Have you ever written something and then thought 'Oh no !what am I gonna sound like here..Well I've said it now ,so it's too late :wacko:

I'm glad to hear UB-1 made it over the pond in good shape, Sparks.

BTW-The name "Ugly Bot One" came from his first incarnation...he was a lot uglier! ;)

Regarding your shelf...consider candle holders of sorts.

On the shelf support, you can get round dowel shapes in Lexan, Derlan, Plexiglass and others too. It comes in all diameters, you can epoxy 4 "legs" to the bottom of the shelf, and it'll just sit there.

Fin,,The Bulgarian,is pretty small,but when I really sort my display out and post pics of my whole collection,I think you will agree ,He is still a robot worth having

Oh I see him as a robot worth having for sure Spark. The smaller (than I had expected) scale makes it even more desirable in my opinion.

Oh I see him as a robot worth having for sure Spark. The smaller (than I had expected) scale makes it even more desirable in my opinion.

Fin,,,They do come up now and again on ebay in different colour combinations[though we could end up bidding against each other :angry2: :P ]I bought my one from Jay at robot island,,No battery cover though ,this seems to be a common thing with them...

Mike,,,That's a great idea for the shelf supports ,I will have to track some of that stuff down..

Nice bunch Sparko.

The Wheel a Gear is a robot that I keep meaning to have a go at but its hard to find one without bits damaged.

I like the glasses as shelf supports it's so , so British. Perhaps slip a gin and lime in there, after all, the yanks did'nt call us lime'is for nothing ;) lol.

Nice bunch Sparko.

The Wheel a Gear is a robot that I keep meaning to have a go at but its hard to find one without bits damaged.

I like the glasses as shelf supports it's so , so British. Perhaps slip a gin and lime in there, after all, the yanks did'nt call us lime'is for nothing ;) lol.

FR,,,,,,,Yea,,,He's a nice one,,No damage,,nice paintwork,,and all his lights and gears work,I think the only thing that needs a bit of attention is his eye blinking mech doesn't work,but I think it's only simple to fix,but I dont want to take him apart just for that...BTW ,I'll have a Pims,for Tiffin old chap.. :blink: :D

Ah yes. In the words of the late, great Sid James, ' Any time is tiffin time ' Remember that Sparko, 'Carry on up the Kiber'

Archived