Blue Rex Mars Sparkling Ray Gun

Fineas J. Whoopie

I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this one but I think it's worth mentioning for posterity. Blue Rex Mars Sparkling Ray Gun, mint in box, went for $2,480 on ebay today. Another example of a beautiful toy photographed beautifully going for top dollar. As far as I'm aware this is just the third known example of this gun in this cobalt blue color. That box sweetened the pot nicely too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

post-143-1185166133.jpg

Congratulations on your win?!.................................. :D

It is a beautiful piece, I had it flagged to make sure I saw the closing cost.

Don, I was wondering how much it might increase at the last minute. Who is this harrisartteacher? I believe that person also got the green Buck Rogers sonic gun I wanted. ;)

Tinman - no, it wasn't me who won it. I already own one of the few other known blue examples, although not as minty as the one that just sold (I know, I'm posting a lot of pics lately. Just trying to liven things up a bit).

Phil - Harrisartteacher as you know is a regular ray gun bidder although I've never "spoken" with him/her. I have in the past tried to strike up conversations with ebayers who regularly bid on ray guns but none of them (outside of Alphadrome) seem to be interested in chatting.

post-143-1185199564.jpg

Don, that's a great but scary photo of ray guns propped up. Especially your new green Tomi and the pyro. I hope you have good reaction time. :blink:

Don, that's a great but scary photo of ray guns propped up. Especially your new green Tomi and the pyro. I hope you have good reaction time. :blink:

Not to worry Phil they're all pretty secure (the blue Rex Mars does not live in the position shown). It would take an earthquake to knock them over - I didn't say that!!!!!! :o

What a beautiful ray gun! And what a gfreatg teaser shot of saome of your amazing pistols Fin! Let's see more photos of those fantastic weapons of space destruction!!!!

Thank Pat. I've been sort of waiting until I can get around to revamping the whole ray gun display and then I was going to post the whole thing. Since there is a ray gun section now maybe I'll get to a few of the better ones before then. ;)

Archived