Archer Spacewoman With Baby...not.

Tinman

On another thread I talked about my finds from last weekend and mentioned I received this figure from the same dealer I purchased Robert the Robot. He never said it was Archer, I assumed because I'm new at collecting these and didn't realize this particular figure was reproduced. After reading the small blurb in "Blast-Off" I started to have doubts about it being an Archer release and with a little internet research found the Archer molds were used by a company called Glencoe in the early 90's. Yes, she is a repop! Oh well, I learned something new and she'll look great next to an original someday!

post-329-1184462708.jpg

Tinman, at just about every Antique Mall I visit, I see these repro Archer

figures "peppered" throughout the cases. Most dealers will add some

repro items to their display to help pay the rent. The seller sounds like

a "good egg" for throwing it in, instead of trying to stiff you $25 for it... :rolleyes:

P.S. The vintage Archer figures will be made of that swirly 50 plastic, not the smooth pastey stuff.

Yes, I'm learning and he was a good guy. Actually, an Archer Spacewoman and Baby went on ebay tonight for a very good price. Unfortunately, I'm saving my pennies for the flea market on Sunday...and these robots I picked up tonight. :D

post-329-1184991713.jpg

Tinman - of the three little robots you posted the one in the middle looks like it walks but the two others are different (at the feet) what do they do - hop?

I'm not sure FJW. I posted another thread down in the "Modern" section asking the same thing. I stumbled across the auction last night, right before it closed so I didn't have time to ask questions of the seller. His auction stated: "nice original display box, no broken parts, very good condition." When I asked him about condition after the auction closed he said they were purchased on ebay last year, displayed on a shelf, thinks they all work ( :blink: ), and will need a cleaning. What all that means remains to be seen.

Archived