Mini Manmelter 3600 Zx

dratomic

For those who remember, Weta, a New Zeland company, recently produced three different model ray guns. They're super cool, but at $690 each, I'm letting them pass.

However, Weta just announced a mini version of the Manmelter 3600 ZX. It's about 2.5 inches long, costs $30, and comes with a display stand.

There's a catch, though... It's limited to only 500 pieces, is only available at this year's Comic Con International (in San Diego -- July 25th - 30th), and you've got to Pre Order it in the next few weeks. Also, you've got to pick it up at Comic Con in person -- and there's only one to a customer. Which means that you can't have a friend get it for you.

So, if you're still interested, click this link:

www.wetanz.com/collectibles/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=50 to pre-order the piece.

Also, let me know if you plan on going to Comic Con -- maybe we can snag a drink or something.

Yeah, I wish I could help people out with this one, but that one-per-person rule makes it tough. Though part of me is glad they've done it -- the whole system is designed to prevent dealers from buying tons of them -- either themselves, or via proxy -- and reselling the models at a huge mark up.

It's also a nice way to show appreciation for Weta's fans who make the trip out to Comic Con.

Still... it's too bad that some real ray gun fans -- and Weta fans -- can't partake due to an inability to attend.

Andy -- if your friends are vinyl toy or underground art fans, tell 'em to swing by the Toy Tokyo booth... I'll be working working with them to pimp my new documentary. (Sorry for the shameless plug -- seems innocent enough since most people here don't collect designer vinyl... so it's sort of a non-plug... or something...)

Archived