Hybrid Robot Project

Grandpa

I saw the process at Gramps' last week and those metal sheets look just like litho when completed. Really cool. And the rivets really top it off - a nice combo of metal and plastic. But Grandpa, you sure built that robot fast!! All I saw last week were the two Robby Space Sleds you were building. :P

So you are limited to flat surfases with this new system, is that right? If so once the artwork is heat pressed on the metal can the metal then be formed or bent with out affecting the artwork? Looks and sounds like a great way to add artwork to the custom bots!

So you are limited to flat surfases with this new system, is that right? If so once the artwork is heat pressed on the metal can the metal then be formed or bent with out affecting the artwork? Looks and sounds like a great way to add artwork to the custom bots!

John,

I have roll formed and done simple right angle bends and it doesn't affect the artwork at all. I've also punched it and yesterday made a 2"dia hole with a fine toothed circle hole saw on the drill press that also came out great. I'm not sure how it would work trying to deep form it with male and female molds. But over all it adds a new dimension to robot building.

Send me your address to kf @ aglaser dot com and I'll send you a couple samples.

Archived