Display: Ikea Glass Display Cases

RotoBadger

Guest Scott Cragstan

Bill, Nasa, Joe, Robert... thanks guys. I was really pleased not only with the look of these but at $59.90 each they don't gobble up the entire 'bot budget either, LOL!

Good idea on the hose clamps too, Joe. When our group gets together for some brainstorming you can always count on some terrific suggestions, that's for sure.

And sharp eye, Nasa, on what's missing from my collection! I've been crazed trying to find a nice, clean example of Mr. Robot for nearly three months and finally one is on the way! Hopefully he'll be here fairly early next week! :D

Bill, Nasa, Joe, Robert... thanks guys. I was really pleased not only with the look of these but at $59.90 each they don't gobble up the entire 'bot budget either, LOL!

Good idea on the hose clamps too, Joe. When our group gets together for some brainstorming you can always count on some terrific suggestions, that's for sure.

And sharp eye, Nasa, on what's missing from my collection! I've been crazed trying to find a nice, clean example of Mr. Robot for nearly three months and finally one is on the way! Hopefully he'll be here fairly early next week! :D

Scott - Looking forward to seeing that Mr. Robot at his new and most appropriate home! ;)

Your tall glass cabinets on either side of the low unit with the Robby The Robot poster in the middle makes for a really great looking robot "shrine"! Beautiful display.

My problem is that with a relatively small house, three very active kids, and two huge fat dogs, I have no safe place to display my small but dearly beloved collection of Horikawa's. So for now all the boys are tucked away in my half of the bedroom closet. Safe, but not out in the open where I can appreciate them. It does make for a great time whenever I do take them all out to play with because I feel like a kid on Christmas morning again. But it would be great to have them out where I could see them. But the bedroom is out, the country french dining room is out, and the living room is a virtual war zone of activity. What's a guy to do? I see photos of some of the set-ups other collectors have and I am amazed at how lucky some of you are. We're talking about maybe buying a bigger house towards the end of the year (if all goes well!) and the ONLY thing I care about is a robot room for myself! Wish me luck!!

Guest Scott Cragstan

Thanks, ROM. And even if it's small, demand your own robot room in the new place, you deserve it. :D

I have an energetic NINETY pound rot mix who is very gentle in disposition but occassionally klutzy and or has the occassional odd burst of spastic-dog energy but fortunately is not interested in the robots since they don't smell of beef or peanut butter biscuits. I think Roto and Joe's ideas about some clamp reinforcements will buy some serious piece of mind though.

And thanks, Don, the anticipation is killing me. I received confirmation the payment was there today so I'll be on high alert for his arrival sometime next week I guess. :D

You guys have to take over the living room ! It is the only room in the house that is never used. Everything that is there is the overpriced furniture that was on display at the local [sCAM] furniture store and then is put on display at your house. It is never used............. The wife says to guests ,,,,,this is the living room and that is a Dali and a sofa was hand made in Canada . Bla bla bla. My husband has put a suit of armor and a toy display case in here. I think he is taking over! You bet I am !!!!!! Living rooms and dining rooms are a waste of space !!!!!!!!! Fill them with toys!!

• Brian.. changed the title to Display: Ikea Glass Display Cases

Archived