Here It Is David K. The D.k.-b.s.-07 Robot

robothut

Fresh from the shop oven, one wrinkle finnish conversion robot for David Kirk, the D.k.-B.S.-07 robot.

So sorry David I just could not make myself build another Walking Radicon robot. I started too. I stripped everything down

cut out all the holes and trimed the gear box and so on, but then I just could not do it. I felt the need to do just one more rotating barber pole in the legs type robot and I wanted to do just 1 more Moire art work in the chest robot, but this time

I wanted the art work to be rectangular and instead of rotaing the the background moire pattern I wanted to try and connect

it to the leg drive and give it a back and forth motion. Then I have had this need to make rotating Radar eares for some

time now so this became that robot as well. The eyes are green when the power is off but bright red when the power is ON.

The battery box and power switch are on the back side. Two AA batterys power the robot.

Here is a video link of the robot in action.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/dkBS07video.wmv

post-7-1181403675.gif

post-7-1181403707.gif

Here is the Alphadrome link for the picture contest for those that might know what this robot is all about.

A special thank you to RobotHunter for donating the robot that I converted! and a special thank you to

David Kirk for takeing such a great picture.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=5935

So here are some full bodsy shots for the prize.

post-7-1181404201.jpg

post-7-1181404223.jpg

post-7-1181404242.jpg

Another awesome conversion John - I love the spinning radar dish ears! This robot sure has a lot going on!!

Congrats David - it was obvious from the beginning that your pic was the front runner all the way. ;)

Incredibly cool! I love the rotating ears. I can't seem to make the movie work here, but I'll try it at the studio tomorrow, or better yet, maybe I'll just wait to see it in person. Thanks John, It's a beauty!

Great robot as always John! Question, do the battery doors fit with those "barber poles" installed and do they still rotate? I think they rotate?

MAGINFICENT ROBOT!!! Congratulations David! What a beautiful work of robotic art you've won for yourself! And thanks to John for producting another incredible robot! The Rigg Robot Factory lives! Hey, John!

I have a great idea! How about starting the Robot Of The Month Club? For a set up-front membership fee, you get a new robot delivered to your home every month! Man, I would sure sign up right now! 12 months in a year, 12 new Rigg Robots delivered to your door. All numbered limited editions. I think I'm really on to something here, John! Think about it old friend!.... ;)

Yes RobotHunter that would be a great idea if I was looking for work, but I want to keep my robot conversions as a hobby and build bots only when I have a idea that I simply must build.

Robot will ship this week David.

Yes RobotHunter that would be a great idea if I was looking for work, but I want to keep my robot conversions as a hobby and build bots only when I have a idea that I simply must build.

Robot will ship this week David.

Can't blame a robot junkie for trying!

Can't blame a robot junkie for trying!

More like "TROUBLEMAKER"!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D ;) ;)

and gimme my hat!!!! :P :P :lol: :D

Magnificent looking robot Mr. Riggs! I hope to one day win one of your fantastic creations! I love the spider-web ears the best!!!!

He's arrived! The paint is very pretty—this guy works well with that wrinkle finish. The red is an elegant, slightly muted shade. My favorite bit is the spinning radar dish ears, though the moire' chest is awfully neat too, as are the spinning legs. I'm waiting to hear from John as to how he packed in all that motion. I can't believe how fast and well he makes these things. I can't wait to see what he comes up with from the dollar store. Thanks John, he's even better than I expected, and I expected him to be great!

Archived