Doing The Happy Dance

Fineas J. Whoopie

Here's another one of those moments that I just have to share. I mentioned to several of you guys at Botstock that I was hoping to win a very special toy that had become available but I didn't want to jinx it by naming it, well after at least three years of lusting after the Pyrotomic Disintegrator I have finally landed one of my own - it came in the mail today!! This, the most fabled, legendary and desirable of all toy ray guns, has been at the very top of my wish list even above most robots or flying saucers. It's taken a great deal of time, patience and focus to finally land this very near mint example (the auction pic showed what looked like two pin holes in the side of the gun but they must have been specs of dirt or something because the actual gun doesn't have them). Many thanks to Phil R. who tipped me off to this example being offered in the recent Hake's auction - if it weren't for you Phil I may never have known about it. Thanks also to dratomic for his support. Hake's by the way got this item to me within a week of my winning it which is amazing for a large auction house. They did an excellent job of packing too, the box you see in the pic was inside a much bigger box. The shiny plastic makes it hard to get a good detailed pic, if I can get a better one I'll add it later. Anyway, needless to say this is a big day for me! Whooo Hooo!!! 😄

pyro_delivery_005.jpg

post-143-1181275168.jpg

Guest kenalexruss

WOW! GORGEOUS! I HATE YOU! :angry2:

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Congrats! An awesome piece and well worth the wait!

Whoa! Very nice! Now I know why you passed on that smoking spaceship you and I were looking at at Botstock. Well done!

Whoa! Very nice! Now I know why you passed on that smoking spaceship you and I were looking at at Botstock. Well done!

Do you mean this one?? It's one of my favorites!

post-4-1181280813.jpg

Phil is our Patriarch !!!!! He watches over the flock and leads us to our own individual "Green Pastures ". I have my Airport Saucer thanks to Phil! Just wait to Saturday ! We are going to find another Robby Space patrol for 95 bucks ! This one is yours even if I find it first. Phil and I are shining examples that two political diametrically opposed individuals can co-exist on a level of civility and enjoy each others virtues. Amazing!!!! There should be more toy collectors in Congress ,the Senate, the house off commons and the politburo . Hey Phil ,lets both run for the two senate seats in PA. I can see it now. The honorable Senators from Pennsylvania call for a recess because FEDEX just made a delivery to their chambers. TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil ,I can't believe with the money we are making ,you still don't have any good "D" cells ! I swear I'm going to filibuster until you get a kickback from Duracell ! While your at it, see if you can contact JR [code name] robohut, and see how he is coming with the "Reagan,Truman,Thatcher" third party Cyborg ! Come on John,,,,,,,,,,,,don't put that head on it ! Everyone from Botstock IV will be putting the president in all kind of photo ops.

CONGRATULATIONS DON! I had an idea it might be this particular ray gun you were referring to at BotStock, given how secrective you were and knowing how badly you've wanted one for so long. I'm thrilled to see that you've finally added it to your already amazing collection. Really happy for you!

Congratulations, Don! I figured you were determined to stay at the top of the heap. Now all you need is the box to complete the grail. :D

post-221-1181305264.jpg

Great catch there, Don! Congrats on a great piece, I know what it's like to finally land something that just seems to always be out of reach for whatever reason, it all works out in the end. :P And feels great, don't it??

Here's another one of those moments that I just have to share. I mentioned to several of you guys at Botstock that I was hoping to win a very special toy that had become available but I didn't want to jinx it by naming it, well after at least three years of lusting after the Pyrotomic Disintegrator I have finally landed one of my own - it came in the mail today!! This, the most fabled, legendary and desirable of all toy ray guns, has been at the very top of my wish list even above most robots or flying saucers. It's taken a great deal of time, patience and focus to finally land this very near mint example (the auction pic showed what looked like two pin holes in the side of the gun but they must have been specs of dirt or something because the actual gun doesn't have them). Many thanks to Phil R. who tipped me off to this example being offered in the recent Hake's auction - if it weren't for you Phil I may never have known about it. Thanks also to dratomic for his support. Hake's by the way got this item to me within a week of my winning it which is amazing for a large auction house. They did an excellent job of packing too, the box you see in the pic was inside a much bigger box. The shiny plastic makes it hard to get a good detailed pic, if I can get a better one I'll add it later. Anyway, needless to say this is a big day for me! Whooo Hooo!!! :D

Congrats fin ! Always nice to get one you really want !!

Here's another one of those moments that I just have to share. I mentioned to several of you guys at Botstock that I was hoping to win a very special toy that had become available but I didn't want to jinx it by naming it, well after at least three years of lusting after the Pyrotomic Disintegrator I have finally landed one of my own - it came in the mail today!! This, the most fabled, legendary and desirable of all toy ray guns, has been at the very top of my wish list even above most robots or flying saucers. It's taken a great deal of time, patience and focus to finally land this very near mint example (the auction pic showed what looked like two pin holes in the side of the gun but they must have been specs of dirt or something because the actual gun doesn't have them). Many thanks to Phil R. who tipped me off to this example being offered in the recent Hake's auction - if it weren't for you Phil I may never have known about it. Thanks also to dratomic for his support. Hake's by the way got this item to me within a week of my winning it which is amazing for a large auction house. They did an excellent job of packing too, the box you see in the pic was inside a much bigger box. The shiny plastic makes it hard to get a good detailed pic, if I can get a better one I'll add it later. Anyway, needless to say this is a big day for me! Whooo Hooo!!! :D

Congrats fin ! Always nice to get one you really want !!

PS don't hit reply more than once :blink:

Archived