My John Rigg Collection

robothunter

So here's a photo of my collection of custom John Rigg robots. All original designs, some of which are clearly based on some famous faces. In every case, the actions and features are totally different from the basic robot that was used as a foundation. Later tonight I'll post a pic of my John Rigg reproductions where John made exact copies of certain robots for me.

There's also many, many repaints where John did custom color variations of certain robots (like the infamous Planet Robot) but we didn't change any of the actions or mechanisims, so I didn't include them here since the basic design stayed the same.

post-36-1181089679.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I had not seen the big guy on the far left, or the giant Mr Robot......they are both stunning pieces! I love them both!

BOY Oh BOY!!!..... I can't wait for the "ROBBY SHACK" !!!!!.......Bring it on! :D :D :)

Pat I will add my collection very shortly for all of you ! I was just thinking this week how we start a thread with all of John's amazing work ! I am so glad that he is still making some amazing one of a kind custom robots.

You've gotta be his favorite customer! ;)

Someday there will be a "John Rigg" museum. Bostock XXXI will be held there. ;)

Could we see a closeup(s) of that left driver robot or where we can find the original thread to construction if there was one. ;)

Could we see a closeup(s) of that left driver robot or where we can find the original thread to construction if there was one. ;)

This is an old photo Phil, but a good one that seems better than anyting I've tried to take this morning since I'm getting too much flash wash-out. And there's threads on all these Rigg custom projects here if you go hunting around for them. I've never been great at finding the old ones. I guess I don't have the patience to do it. LOL!

post-36-1181144129.jpg

So here's a shot of some of the reproductions John has made for me over the years. The first two photos are old ones of the entire Gang Of Five done in full size with exact working functions. Then there's a photo of a repro Yonezawa Jupiter Robot. Sadly, I sold these years ago and that's one of my biggest regrets!

The bottom photo is of reproduction Robby robots including Bat-op Space Troopers, the rare blue and gold D-celled Pugs, a Robby Steamroller, and various versions of Planet Robot such as batt-ops and rubber handed. I guess I always had it in the back of my mind that if I had to sell my collection one day, I would have these great repro's as an insurance policy!

post-36-1181144487.jpg

post-36-1181144497.jpg

post-36-1181144513.jpg

Yes, That Smoking Spaceman radicon conversion—Very elegant. If somebody was making a robot as a prize for somethingorother, one of those would be awfully appropriate, and terribly well loved I would think! Only a suggestion, of course!

Yes, That Smoking Spaceman radicon conversion—Very elegant. If somebody was making a robot as a prize for somethingorother, one of those would be awfully appropriate, and terribly well loved I would think! Only a suggestion, of course!

If you're trying to send a message here David, I would suggest being more vocal! Direct all desires to the master himself!!!

post-36-1181147029.jpg

post-36-1181147016.jpg

This is usually the part where the pink carpet jokes begin....... <_<

Archived