Free Robots........really!

SySeaweed

OK........now that I have your attention. Found this guy at retrofire.com, along with 38 of his friends. I just printed him out on glossy paper and put him together. It is my first attempt at one of these. No laughing please! Took about an hour. It's hard to type, my fingers are still sticky. O well......it was free!

post-531-1180738874.jpg

Guest Scott Cragstan

That's pretty neat. Reminds me of those fun Metal House Robots with Godzilla's head inside. And who's laughing, I'm impressed. I bet if I took those same printouts and tried to build that mine would look like this...

post-547-1180825973.gif

milwaukeemachineman- Not to change the subject, but I grew up in Cedargurg, where I got my first four robots. (two Electric robot & sons, Cragstan Mr. Robot, and a Jupiter robot)

Ceaderburg! WOW! that's close by. WJN, if you were from here and now live in the southwest, did you get tired of the winters?

I grew up in southern California and can't stand the no seasons change out there, love it here, now!

And see! always finding robots cheaper in the midwest than anywhere else, ALMOST all the best stuff comes from the midwest!

Check old posts on alphadrome for Paper robots and paper craft and you should find a few hundred links threw the years. the origional link for the paper craft robot you have posted with his 38 friends goes back a few years.

That's pretty neat. Reminds me of those fun Metal House Robots with Godzilla's head inside. And who's laughing, I'm impressed. I bet if I took those same printouts and tried to build that mine would look like this...

Gee....I don't feel so bad now!

Check old posts on alphadrome for Paper robots and paper craft and you should find a few hundred links threw the years. the origional link for the paper craft robot you have posted with his 38 friends goes back a few years.

Thanks John.......I'll check it out.

milwaukeemachineman- My father got a job out here and I was still a lad. Loved the seasons back then, not sure I could take the winters anymore.

Guest Scott Cragstan

Wow, Sy, I just took a look at those paperbots, the selection is amazing. I know it will probably lead to me speaking fluent French, but I may give it a try anyway because it looks fun.

Probably best to try one of the blockier or skirted styles to increase my odds of not failing so miserably though! :D

OK, I gave it a try...

post-536-1181072474.jpg

PERFECT!!!.....I wouldn't change a thing! :lol: :lol: :D ;)

Great Pic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Scott Cragstan

Wow, I missed that one. Is that the rear view of the Please Don't Eat the Daisies Space Dog or the Mechanized Shaggy DA? Both are my favorites! I better go shred all the new bills that came in the mail today and that big stack of parking tickets I've been saving so I'll have plenty of raw material to make one of my very own!

Archived