Love Those A-ok Spacemen!

Tinman

I'm still unable to find anything on the "A-Ok Astronaut to the Moon" figures I picked up at Botstock, but I did add another one to the collection last night. This one is "striking a pose" I don't already have.

post-329-1180321119.jpg

post-329-1180321182.jpg

Taking a closer look at "Blastoff" I found these A-Ok Astronauts to be knockoffs of Ajax spacemen. The book leads me to believe there were six different Ajax figures in all and they were reproduced by many other companies. I still have no timeline for these particular toys, was it possible to have knockoffs released in conjunction with the originals?

Tinman93 -

I think it's going to be difficult to nail down a solid date on these guys. I doubt we'll see them in a consumer catalog like most of our timeline references. If anything I think we may see these guys in a trade advertisement - if we're lucky. My guess would be late sixties at the earliest because of the reference to "astronauts on the moon".

Tinman93 -

I think it's going to be difficult to nail down a solid date on these guys. I doubt we'll see them in a consumer catalog like most of our timeline references. If anything I think we may see these guys in a trade advertisement - if we're lucky. My guess would be late sixties at the earliest because of the reference to "astronauts on the moon".

Thanks for the input FJW, good point about the "astronaut" usage. Yeah, I doubt I'll ever be able to lock a date down and they seem to be easy to find. I received the ebay piece a few days ago and wouldn't you know it, the guy sent me the wrong figure and has not answered three email requests. Also, four of the Ajax versions were up for grabs on ebay this morning and I totally forgot to bid...of course the sold for .99 cents!

Archived