Artbots From Japan -there Here!

steve

Sweet - there are many interesting features on this robot - the dome is a killer and I like the "rollers" under the feet.

Last one , crappy pics , batteries were dying out in the camera

Real gears in his torso ! Looks way better in person

post-18-1179433614.jpg

post-18-1179433680.jpg

Sweet - there are many interesting features on this robot - the dome is a killer and I like the "rollers" under the feet.

yeah it's funny , these guys were kinda my B list

however this particular one & the lantern would move up

to the A list ..the other one is charming as well but shot him a

@ a bad angle to show the topolino style nose.

Fortunate to be in a select group that own examples of these

robots. The artist is very talented.

I'm amazed (perhaps concerned :huh: )

that so many examples found their way to the USA.

Guest kenalexruss

I feel like a parent in an empty nest who's robots have all growd up....

Awesome pics!

Thanks for the link and info guys. They are fantastic robots...bit expensive though. I think I had better buy some metal in and get creating one of my own. :)

Unfortunately Tinman93 these poor guys are still suffering from "jetlag" from their Japan trip and need some downtime.

In reality I'm very paranoid about taking major pieces out of my house.

Understood Steve. I don't have high-dollar toy robots but I'm pretty protective of a few of my robot models. I'm bringing two to display at Joe's, the yellow one you'll see was the 1993 National IPMS winner for the sci-fi category and almost won overall best in show. It did win BIS at the regional level which was probably one of the neatest days of my life (long story). Needless to say I'm pretty protective of it...but you guys are worth the effort to bring it. No better group of guys (and gals) to appreciate a robot model!

Understood Steve. I don't have high-dollar toy robots but I'm pretty protective of a few of my robot models. I'm bringing two to display at Joe's, the yellow one you'll see was the 1993 National IPMS winner for the sci-fi category and almost won overall best in show. It did win BIS at the regional level which was probably one of the neatest days of my life (long story). Needless to say I'm pretty protective of it...but you guys are worth the effort to bring it. No better group of guys (and gals) to appreciate a robot model!

Tinman93, I don't expect you to ruin the surprise - but, I hope that after Botstock is over you'll post a picture of them here for the rest of us to enjoy that couldn't make the trip!

• 2 weeks later...

:D It always takes a little longer to get to Belgium ! My guys came in today !!!

Put them next to a well kinown bot for size reference.

post-75-1180452120.jpg

post-75-1180452141.jpg

Just flabbergasted ! They are of absolute true design & lines, catching perfectly the feel of the 50/60's toys.

A tad expensive, of course, but so blasted super that they're worth the squeezing of the belt for a coupla months !!!

I do not especially like the Tank on the sceen of the Television one, & will probabbly commit the "sacrilege" of putting something else there, don't know what yet !!!

Hubba !!!

Yes definately a vintage special feeling to the guys. "I do not especially like the Tank on the sceen of the Television one, & will probabbly commit the "sacrilege" of putting something else there, don't know what yet !!!"

Hmmm.......might I suggest a robot or astronaut in a cockpit of a spaceship or just a space ship itself or something to that effect.

Archived