Artbots From Japan -there Here!

steve

dsc02122ug3.jpg

dsc02121wx5.jpg

Wow is all that I can say (Wow is Henk's highest rating for a bot). They are bigger than I had thought - 11-1/2" high by about 4" x 4". Very commanding presense. Very well made - like they are made from sheet metal (maybe they are). Unique packaging as they were protected by alittle orange blanket in addtition to all the bubble wrap etc. I'll have to take pics of the boxes in better light - with my camera all I got was glare.

These guys are truly special!!!!

Guest kenalexruss

Steve they look awesome, I can't wait to receive my treasures

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it'll soon be tomorrow...it's only a day away.......

They look great Steve. :) Sorry if I missed it somewhere, I done a search on Alpha but did not find any info. What is the story behind these robots, how much are they and where can they be bought from?

Wow is all that I can say (Wow is Henk's highest rating for a bot).

CONGRATS STEVE!!! - They look really phantastic!!! :P I think HENK would have loved them...

Congratulations Steve that you got these special Robots.

I have had the chance to see them all in person last year in Japan and they are just great.

They have a unique design and are well created and done.

Even they are not "Toys" they are like art figures, catching the same look and feeling like the old toy robots.

I would have loved to get at least one of them but at present they have been out of my reach ( and I came about one week too late to Japan, otherwise, who knows !)

You are right, Henk would have loved them just like we do.

Keep them well in your collection and give them a special place.

Have a nice trip to Botstock, I will send out greetings in a special topic tomorrow here from Japan !

Guest kenalexruss

Hopefully I will be posting here soon <_<

BTW Congrats Steve , BEAUTIFUL haul !!

You'll be hearing from me shortly.....

I love that guy's work. Are they making the trip to Botstock?

Unfortunately Tinman93 these poor guys are still suffering from "jetlag" from their Japan trip and need some downtime.

In reality I'm very paranoid about taking major pieces out of my house.

Guest kenalexruss

Unfortunately Tinman93 these poor guys are still suffering from "jetlag" from their Japan trip and need some downtime.

In reality I'm very paranoid about taking major pieces out of my house.

You bring those guys to botstock and I'll shoot ya! Especially after all we've been through! :P

Guest Scott Cragstan

Very nice. I cruised through the old links and it looks like the original page is still up showing nice photos all the robots with multiple shots of many to show front/back and/or the features.

Lawn Hara Kazuo's world

Tin Toy Robots

Handmade of Mr. hideo sibahara

Ken, any talk that any of these might see their way into production? An truly inspired original new robot (paying proper tribute to the past as these do) would really be something!

BTW, the Google Translation on this is delightful.

Archived