My First Space Gun

Randetron

Thanks to a tip from Joe K. I bought this (my first) space gun at a local antique shop for a very reasonable amount. It is made in Taiwan by Tai Fong Electric Co. LTD. Notice the #107 on the grip. The black knob on the side controls an actual metal potentiometer (not the cheap plastic ones) which varies the "space sounds". So it does have a bit of quality to it. And to me, it has the "look". Are there other variations?

Uh-oh Randertron, you've done it now!! :lol:

I think you will be able to find plenty of rayguns that are in this style, if not actual variations of the same gun. I can see how you would be drawn to this style as it has a flavor similar to your robot collection. Just keep an eye out for "ray gun" and "space gun" on ebay and they'll come along - and the good news is that these aren't going to break the bank! Keep us apprised of how the collection comes along.

Randetron -

See ZAP!, page 92, gun #92 (Multisound and light space gun). Same grey color plastic, same black potentiometer knob and same slide switch mounted with tiny machine screws.

On the next page, gun #94 (TG-105) has a "105" embossed on it's handle in the same style font as your "107", same slide switch & mounting and identical green, blue, red and yellow plastic lenses.

Although both guns are described as having "no markings", I can't help but think that the Tai Fong Electric Co., Ltd. must've been involved somewhere along the way!

I'll also check a Hong Kong Toys catalog I have from the '80s. It may be pictured in there.

Archived