Metalrobothead's Collection, well some of them!

MetalRobotHead

My slowly growing collection, you can see a few more by clicking on the link at the bottom of page, please note that although I own all the ones shown on the photo some of the items in website are simply images I have borrowed for my wish list and can be removed if desired by the actual owner. :D

BTW - you might see I have a bit of a thing for Mr.Mercury

post-214-1171748068.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MetalRobotHead

• Roboto

• RoboCopy

• Sparkrobot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Metalrobothead,,,,,,,nice collection,,Seeing as we come from the same area [relatively speaking]feel free to contact me if you want to sell a Mr.Mercury,he's currently on my wish list :rolleyes:

MRH: That's a splendid collection there, everything matches up so well and so cleanly with very nice examples of everyone tin! Thanks for posting, wonderful pics are always interesting to peruse, keeps us all going and seeing new things!

• 1 month later...

Looking GOOD Metalrobothead! I love 'em all, but in particular that nice set of Mr. Mercuries - and the Radical! - and the Dux Astroman! Sweet!

super collection for us regional tinheads to view...also delighted to see some horikawa in the arena...oops!...am i allowed to say horikawa....h..o..r..i..k..a..w..a...HORIKAWA!..HORIKAWA!.....regards hj.

MetalRobotHead: Your site is wonderful and fresh, really nice to navigate and peruse.

Some of MY wish pieces are on your wish list, too. Thanks for the nice pics!

(If you wish, feel free to post the Rubber Hand b/o planet robot version on your website ;) from Morbius Collection (He's my fave)!)

MetalRobotHead: Your site is wonderful and fresh, really nice to navigate and peruse.

Some of MY wish pieces are on your wish list, too. Thanks for the nice pics!

(If you wish, feel free to post the Rubber Hand b/o planet robot version on your website ;) from Morbius Collection (He's my fave)!)

Thanks Morbius, I've copied the b/o rubber hand pic. and will place it next after your metal hand version. One day I will have to make an extra effort to get one. Thanks also to everyone for your kind words. :D

:D You're welcome, it looks great there. Always nice to see new pics arranged in different ways, everyone's websites are awesome in their originality.

Love that Chiefman!! MRH you've got some incredible items in there and it's a wonderful site to click-on the items, keep up the great collecting and updating of the site. We can all do without food, shelter, transportation,etc...we know where are priorities are!! ;) The whirly-eye Horikawa is a terrific one, not seen often.

(and thanks for the credit on the photos, much appreciated! B)) The metal hand version is a wonderful metallic blue and has a pink face gel, the rubber hand version has more of a 'teal' tint of metallic blue and has a red gel in the face area.

As for the Lincoln Corgi limo, that's an amazing toy. I recieved one for Xmas in 1967 as my brother and I could pick one gift ourselves for ourselves however it's long gone, gave it to a nephew in the mid-1970's. This was $4.79 a high price at that time (that's about a dozen loaves of bread for the era).

Altaira had a great idea for ours which I picked up a few years ago, minty but the metal contact strip was missing. She said to remove the battery-holder, put the car on a base inside of a plastic model-car case, drill a hole in case base and feed a flexible 'book-lite' through the hole and into the interior. The LED light doesn't warm the TV pics like the incandescent and thus won't damage it or melt it like the original can 'cause it's a cool bulb/light. Works perfectly and the brightness is actually much more realistic. Also, you won't have to handle the car or mess up the roof by turning it upside-down to attempt to insert the battery each time you want to see it work...just flip the switch.

Very nice Metalrobothead!! I especially like the Ray Rohr (OTTI) wind-up Robby with blaster next to Robby himself. They go very well together. One day I will pick up one of these guys.

Is your website still a work in progress - for instance the 007 link which I would be interested in didn't come up.

Very nice Metalrobothead!! I especially like the Ray Rohr (OTTI) wind-up Robby with blaster next to Robby himself. They go very well together. One day I will pick up one of these guys.

Is your website still a work in progress - for instance the 007 link which I would be interested in didn't come up.

Thanks Steve. The 007 link is working, sometimes I have found its a bit slow. Its got a small collection of JB 007 Aston Martin DB5's, one of my favourite toys other than robots.

Mobius thanks for the info about the Corgi Limo, I'll have to look at giving it a go. I never have seen the TV screen illuminated.

• 1 year later...

CONGRATS - MRH - What a nice selection of toys! It looks like you have choosen the right pseudonym here on alphadrome. Nice additions.... and if this is the 4,20 Pound Robot with Spark - His condition makes me really envious! ;)

I love the edit button... YES - pink - now he has his right colour! Now let us find the blue one MR.METALHEAD!!

CONGRATS - MRH - What a nice selection of toys! It looks like you have choosen the right pseudonym here on alphadrome. Nice additions.... and if this is the 4,20 Pound Robot with Spark - His condition makes me really envious! ;)

Thank you Dirk, the pink Robot with Spark is the £4.20 pound one, I still look at it every time I walk past the display cabinet and have a little smile to myself. :D