My First Ray Gun

Andyman

Weighing in at 3 lbs, I present the Electro Atomizer!

Parts include an old cable radiation leakage detector, telephone ringer bells, lamp parts, faucet parts, roller blade bearings and some DVD spacers.

So, how's my first attempt?

post-231-1171251703.jpg

post-231-1171251758.jpg

post-231-1171251763.jpg

post-231-1171251770.jpg

Andy, "good golly miss molly" is that a Uranium(Illudium) PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator or an ACME Disintegrator Ray.

It doesn't matter. I want one. A great gun! But what are you going to do for an encore! :blink: :P

post-221-1171254419.jpg

Oh I forgot to list my old tire pump canister and a couple of video camera lens rings.

Thanks for your kind words, folks. I can't believe how quickly this one came together. I've been sitting on this old 80's era cable leakage detector for quite some time trying to figure out what to do with it. I stripped it down and had all the parts laid out for the Atomizer in one Saturday. Of course the finishing work to a little longer.

On encore? Geez I dunno. I've been wanting to build a ray gun for a couple of years now. It's occuring to me that my pieces are about 95% inspiration followed by 5% actually work. So if the work takes a couple of weeks...I've been thinking about it for a loooooong time! ;)

Maybe the second one will come a little easier.

Great work, Andy. I really like the look of this "weapon".

Judging by the size and placement of those bells, I was wondering if, when fired, this gun goes ZAP or RING?

Either way, it's a neat piece!

Great work, Andy. I really like the look of this "weapon".

Judging by the size and placement of those bells, I was wondering if, when fired, this gun goes ZAP or RING?

Either way, it's a neat piece!

Hee hee, three of the four bells still ring when you tapped them. ;)

Any chance of making future ray guns light up or buzz or something? I know that most of your robots are static, but for some reason I've always felt that even ray gun sculptures should have some sort of (admittedly minor) functionality -- especially since wiring up a light and buzzer or whatever doesn't take much effort.

Regardles, I've gotta say, once again, that this is just an amazing piece.

Any chance of making future ray guns light up or buzz or something? I know that most of your robots are static, but for some reason I've always felt that even ray gun sculptures should have some sort of (admittedly minor) functionality -- especially since wiring up a light and buzzer or whatever doesn't take much effort.

Regardles, I've gotta say, once again, that this is just an amazing piece.

Tsk, Doc. The Electro Atomizer is fueled with the power of imagination. ;)

As for future projects, you never know. I do like the guns that have the offset fly wheels that make them vibrate. It makes the gun "feel" powerful.

Woah! - That ray gun is totally SICK!

I love the transparent fins and rings!

This thing is HUGE too! It's almost a RAY-ZOOKA! I'd be nervous standing in front of it!

I can only imagine what it would look like if it had moving parts, lit up, flashed lights or vibrated! - OMG! I think my head would explode! :-)

Awesome work Andyman! - Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Unfortunately, the monsters from venus carry ray guns that are powered by Plutonium, so you're gonna have to do a little bit better than that, Andy.

;)

Archived