My Guns

kennetzel

First off, I have to say that some of the gun collections here are very impressive. I am extremely jelous of you guys. I never got into the old, tin or plastic, ray guns, but I did collect the Playmates (and other) Star Trek guns and accessories. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post them, but here they are. Oh, and below is the only tin gun I do own. It is the Zap Brannigan Ray Gun from Futuama. I got it because I do admire the retro look.

post-125-1170174907.jpg

post-125-1170174924.jpg

Nice pics, Ken. I'll have to keep my eye out (not poke my eye out as they'd say) for the FUTURAMA pistol, it's quite nice!

Altaira has one of the original S.T. type Phasers which she tries unsuccessfully to control "poodleboy" Farley with. He does tend to leave the room quickly though!!

ZZZZAAPPP!!!

Looking good, Ken! I never got around to getting the TOS tricorder and medical scanner. Kinda wished I did now. ;)

This is my updated phaser cabinet. The display looks off to me because I replaced a Klingon disruptor with the silver phase pistol from ST's "Enterprise". Since the hooks were already in place the phase pistol had to go in at an angle. Someday I'll redo the mountings so that they'll all be straight.

post-231-1170180890.jpg

post-231-1170180897.jpg

Ken, don't worry about the new guns. I think everyone appreciates scifi design. I may be the only ray gun collector who goes beserk across the space of time with old and new. :P

post-221-1170181925.jpg

post-221-1170181947.jpg

post-221-1170181966.jpg

post-221-1170182050.jpg

post-221-1170182181.jpg

post-221-1170182337.jpg

That Spaceman Water Pistol looks an awful lot like the ray guns used in Fireball XL5. I would love to get my hands on one of those. Nice pics.

Nice guns, Kennetzel. The Spaceman Water Pistol is pretty common -- if not under that exact name, then as a often-reproduced design. I once had three translucent ones that were imprinted with the name of a band -- they were using it as a promotional item. If you scour ebay, you should be able to dig one up without too much effort.

Phil -- I've always thought the Dune guns were pretty cool. Some of the few modern guns I'd consider buying.

Same with some of the Star Trek guns -- and I don't even like Star Trek! But the toys are awesome. ;)

With all of the ray gun talk lately, I too was curious to know if anyone out there was collecting any of the "modern" guns being released? Even the odd-ball stuff?

post-329-1170213223.jpg

Ken - I'm a big fan of the original Star Trek series, have been since I was a kid. I love your tri-corder and the communicator directly to the right of it. Who made those and when? It's amazing to think that we're already in a time where most people walk around talking into cell phones that make an original communicator look like a clunky old relic!

Ken - I'm a big fan of the original Star Trek series, have been since I was a kid. I love your tri-corder and the communicator directly to the right of it. Who made those and when? It's amazing to think that we're already in a time where most people walk around talking into cell phones that make an original communicator look like a clunky old relic!

Actually, I have two different communicators. One was offered through a mail order catalog and is very authentic. I has a digital clock and calculator in it and makes the beeping noise when opened, and flashes. The other is from Playmates. Not as accurate as the first one mentioned, but it does light and make two different sounds. The same with the tricorder...Playmates. It makes three different sounds and lights up. Unfortunately, it's not as big as the real one, but it does look nice. Before robots, I was heavily into collecting the Trek Playmates toys. I have most of the ships and weapons, not to mention the assorted action figure. I've seen pretty much all the Playmates Star Trek stuff on Ebay from time to time, so if you're looking, check it out.

With all of the ray gun talk lately, I too was curious to know if anyone out there was collecting any of the "modern" guns being released? Even the odd-ball stuff?

Tinman, hopefully this answers your question. This was all I could get on one photo. I start RA (rayguns anonymous) meetings next week. :blush:

post-221-1170252771.jpg

What's interesting, Phil, is that the Popper Ray Gun (bottom right) is actually a reproduction of Tigrett's Zoomeray. I remember seeing it in a store a couple years ago and having to pick my jaw up off the floor -- it's pretty much the last thing I expected to come across.

As far as I know -- from my perfunctory once over of the toy -- the only discernable difference between the old and new is the paper part... completely different on the two.

Looks like you've been picking up some of the newer stuff Phil! I remember seeing the dart gun you have on the lower left and passing on it...kind of wish I would have picked one up cause it has a nice ray gun shape.

I was going to post a pic of something I found last night at Target but my camera battery is dead.

Guest kenalexruss

The grass is always greener in the neighbors collection

Those are awesome guns! Er, rather, toss 'em out right there in that can on yer way out. Nice set of treasures!

Beam me over

• 8 months later...

Well, as well as vintage guns I also collect modern ray guns that are interesting and stylish. I will take some pics and post them up.

Archived